PDA

View Full Version : Denis has updated most of his plug-ins for 2018/2019!!!!

Tim Parsons
11-17-2018, 07:29 PM
That's right updates all over the place for 2018! Be sure to support his effort!
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/main_en.htm?fbclid=IwAR1ixY24FyEO6v9b9RVUqFyrZmHTu-kNd_IMG2Rf3MVE6ReYWD9Maz5hXEk

[moderator: updated thread title to acknowledge that DPont plugin updates also seem to be working in LightWave 2019]

CaptainMarlowe
11-17-2018, 10:55 PM
That's great. I hope someone will pop in for a Mac conversion. :)

daforum
11-18-2018, 01:14 AM
Mac conversion would be great, and the updates will be a good incentive to upgrade to 2018+ too!

jwiede
11-18-2018, 01:48 AM
Yep, I'd love to have the Mac conversions, would even be willing to help compile stuff or whatever on my Mac as needed.

raw-m
11-18-2018, 02:33 AM
Excuse my ignorance as I’m not a coder (and slightly off topic), what is a Mac compile? Is it just a case of opening the scripts and “saving as” or is there additional code involved?

Ps would love a Mac version, too!

3dworks
11-18-2018, 03:15 AM
thank you so much for this, denis!!! i'm happy to pay a small fee for mac conversion if someone takes charge of this.

mav3rick
11-18-2018, 03:31 AM
guys please donate Denis

prometheus
11-18-2018, 06:46 AM
Great news,

Denis deserves christmas donations, will have to check it, I noticed that sunsky is for 2018, DP node kit, and Rman node texture collection, these are the ones I was using mostly...DP verdure perhaps is missing ...where it previously
could use a weight map for growing stuff, so that may still be missing (though I found fertilizer working a bit easier)

Now...I didnīt upgrade to 2018 and will not do so until I see signifant changes in the next release, so the update of nodes is for me at this stage not Useful, but promising.

Even if I do not upgrade, Denis deserves help and donations anyway.

ConjureBunny
11-18-2018, 12:18 PM
Outstanding!

Nicolas Jordan
11-18-2018, 01:36 PM
Thanks Denis!

prometheus
11-18-2018, 02:33 PM
A bit of crossposting, you find more in the clouds thread.
it helps..

sunsky now working and rman nodes working, so we do not need to acess it through color or scalar layers, and it is more open for additional node control.

https://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=143377&d=1542576480

adk
11-18-2018, 11:16 PM
That's fantastic news. Thank you so much Denis!
Heading straight over to the donate button.

omichon
11-19-2018, 01:03 AM
Great news, indeed. Thanks a lot to Denis !

Mastoy
11-19-2018, 01:09 AM
Great news !
Just made a small donation, Thx Denis !

kopperdrake
11-19-2018, 02:01 AM
That's great news - yet another reason for me to open LW2018 :D

mikadit
11-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Awesome!
Thank you so much Denis.

jwiede
11-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Excuse my ignorance as I’m not a coder (and slightly off topic), what is a Mac compile? Is it just a case of opening the scripts and “saving as” or is there additional code involved?

These are compiled (C/C++) plugins, typically source code changes are needed going from Windows to Mac, and compilation needs to use a completely different compile toolchain. So no, it's definitely a LOT more effort (even at easiest) than "opening the scripts and 'saving as'".

@Denis: I've reached out by email as well, please let me know if you need help with recompilation of MacUB32/64 packages for the plugins.

JamesCurtis
11-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Denis,

Thank You, very very much. Will definitely donate something soon.

Dan Ritchie
11-20-2018, 10:07 AM
Thank you for these.

Somebody please remind me where to put the files, now, please.

Greenlaw
11-20-2018, 12:25 PM
Fantastic! It's time to make another donation. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

3dworks
11-21-2018, 03:17 AM
These are compiled (C/C++) plugins, typically source code changes are needed going from Windows to Mac, and compilation needs to use a completely different compile toolchain. So no, it's definitely a LOT more effort (even at easiest) than "opening the scripts and 'saving as'".

@Denis: I've reached out by email as well, please let me know if you need help with recompilation of MacUB32/64 packages for the plugins.

thanks john for caring! i am not practical in the art of programming, otherwise i would help as well! hopefully we will see those on the mac side soon as well. :-) donations are ready.

JohnMarchant
11-22-2018, 02:55 AM
Just been updated again as of today.

marchermitte
11-22-2018, 03:56 AM
thank you Denis, just made a deserved donation. I hope everyone in this forum who was begging for this update will donate something.

lardbros
11-22-2018, 09:23 AM
I donated... Pretty much use his procedurals on every project, so definitely worth it!

Noticed the image bomber presets got removed, hope those go back in... used the 'scratches' one ALL the time!!!

prometheus
11-22-2018, 11:37 AM
I donated... Pretty much use his procedurals on every project, so definitely worth it!

Noticed the image bomber presets got removed, hope those go back in... used the 'scratches' one ALL the time!!!

Image bomber presets? why mention presets? itīs the image bomber node that doesnīt seem to work.
I canīt add the node at all.

shape bomber works though.

lardbros
11-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Image bomber presets? why mention presets? itīs the image bomber node that doesnīt seem to work.
I canīt add the node at all.

shape bomber works though.

Hmmmm... Maybe I got confused, will check and get back

Bill Carey
11-22-2018, 05:49 PM
Kicked in a bit, thanks for the updates!

Cageman
11-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Wohoo!!!!!

This is great news! :)

Norka
11-28-2018, 11:26 AM
:-/ Really wish there was a x64 version SVGMap... Or is there?

JohnMarchant
11-28-2018, 11:40 AM
I've left my donation. I do hope we can see DPLights and Verdure in the near future. Thanks Denis your a star.

JamesCurtis
11-29-2018, 07:26 PM
How do I get Sunsky to work in LW2018? I thought this was one of the new fixed ones for 2018?

prometheus
11-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Whatīs the problem? (Mac is never a problem, just as long as you do not use it)

You add it as you would do in 2015, except you can only use the new lightwave lights.

Where is it causing issues?
you add it through backdrop/add environment..pull down sunsky, and by default it is a none light selected..you need to change that to your distant light.

in the lights motion tab you add sk_sun motion, if you need lensflares to follow the sun properly, for lensflares like the sun, use 6 point star filter and uncheck central ring.
Add sk_suncolor to the light..so the sunflare and the light becomes more orange red while going down on horizon.
also possible to use various modifier channels to lower lensflare intensity when the sun sets.

lardbros
11-30-2018, 02:20 PM
I've left my donation. I do hope we can see DPLights and Verdure in the near future. Thanks Denis your a star.

I've not had a reason to use dp lights since 2018 came out. What specific features of dp lights do you need? Just interested really.

JohnMarchant
11-30-2018, 05:09 PM
DP Custom i liked allot, Also Dome Light was i think better. However who is to say under 2018 what they would be like now. DP Infinite i liked because of the softer shadows.

Cageman
11-30-2018, 06:31 PM
DP Custom i liked allot, Also Dome Light was i think better. However who is to say under 2018 what they would be like now. DP Infinite i liked because of the softer shadows.

Since LW2018, you can do soft shadows with native Distant Lights.

lardbros
12-01-2018, 03:12 AM

I guess that might be why he didn't update them. We have a dome light, we have the geometry light, and our distant light can now do soft shadows too... Just change the angle setting.

prometheus
12-01-2018, 09:00 AM
Since LW2018, you can do soft shadows with native Distant Lights.

Differences are that with sk sunlight..you had a settings combined under one panel..
Time zone..manual...an a few more.
For the new lw 2018
Lights...you have to use sunspot ..that is a bit more tedious...though I mostly use manual control.

Otherwise I think its pretty much the same with softer shadows if you change angle.
You also had skymodel..turbidity..sky amount in that light panel...with the new lw lights...you have to jump between sunsky env...an thw lights..
Theres also sky amoumt which could be balanced against the skylight.

JohnMarchant
12-01-2018, 09:31 AM
To be honest this is all speculation. We dont know what Denis's DP Lights would look like under 2018 and what changes if any he would make. Many of the thing DP Lights did in 2015 were also available natively as well. Its not just that we have them its also about how they are controlled and how they look.

prometheus
12-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Just thought I should have a go at part move stuff,

Was just adding the new dp kit for Lightwave 2018, trying the classic part moves, ...feeding a simple turbulence in to part move etc, INSTANT CRASH :(

edited...just a simple part move without anything else, fed into nodal displacement output, instant crash.
Anyone else? and a note for this is that I am using 2018.01 not the later builds, if that matters.

mattc
12-03-2018, 06:24 PM
and a note for this is that I am using 2018.01 not the later builds, if that matters.

Yes, it does. seems ot be working ok in 2018.0.7.

jwiede
12-03-2018, 06:57 PM

Was just adding the new dp kit for Lightwave 2018, trying the classic part moves, ...feeding a simple turbulence in to part move etc, INSTANT CRASH :(

edited...just a simple part move without anything else, fed into nodal displacement output, instant crash.
Anyone else? and a note for this is that I am using 2018.01 not the later builds, if that matters.

You really ought to move up to a newer revision, there were a bunch of issues fixed in revisions after 2018.0.1.

prometheus
12-03-2018, 07:34 PM
You really ought to move up to a newer revision, there were a bunch of issues fixed in revisions after 2018.0.1.

Well..things like dp kit not in there, was a part of me not even bothering moving up to a newer version when I am in discovery mode, but the part move is working in 2018.7 then I might.

I also recently have rediscovered how nice the shading is with area lights and just even standard materials for daz figures, and how easy it is to get it looking good, I am a bit reluctant to the new hair shading though, will have
a stab at it later though...after that I think it is TurbulenceFD that is missing PBR, hope to see all those parts in place someday soon.

gerardstrada
12-04-2018, 04:11 AM
Agree with Prometheus about updating to v2018. Without Denis tools, half of the pipeline functionality in LW is down for us. But now things start to look much more promising :)

We are still testing DPKit tools, please report as many bugs as you find out but try to use latest LW updates as John suggests.

As for DP Lights, am with JohnMarchant here - really hope Denis receives NT support with the SDK for updating DP Lights and also the native and Global Buffers in Pixel Filter Node Editor ..and some other things.

Just in case, for people using DP Sunsky in v2018, you will find an Add_Sunsky_2018 Lscript that will set all up automatically.

Notice also we have now more color systems available (ICC and AMPAS frameworks) and we can even add our own custom RGB color system for in-house/custom colorspaces!

https://i.postimg.cc/sgkfkSgC/DPSunsky.jpg

Thanks A LOT to Denis for this update!!!

Gerardo

JohnMarchant
12-04-2018, 04:19 AM
As far as DPLights goes, i do hope Denis will revisit them. Yes i know that LW has many of these now, but its not just about that its about how it is implemented. We have dome lights in 2015 and we also have DP Dome in 2015, i know which one i prefered to use.

prometheus
12-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Notice also we have now more color systems available (ICC and AMPAS frameworks) and we can even add our own custom RGB color system for in-house/custom colorspaces!

https://i.postimg.cc/sgkfkSgC/DPSunsky.jpg

Thanks A LOT to Denis for this update!!!

Gerardo

Yes..that additional color profile is nice, I hope we get direct tonemapping editing though, wish is not directed to Denis but the lw devs.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as DPLights goes, i do hope Denis will revisit them. Yes i know that LW has many of these now, but its not just about that its about how it is implemented. We have dome lights in 2015 and we also have DP Dome in 2015, i know which one i prefered to use.

I liked the skylight, which worked in symbios with the sk_sunlight so you could balance amount of direct sunlight or use more skylight, I reckon now it is about the environment light.

JohnMarchant
12-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Agreed, but the more choice we have the better i would say. I liked the way Denis's worked as well. Of course we are speculating because we dont know what Denis might be able to achieve with the new lights in 2018. I would love to see what he could do.

Cageman
12-04-2018, 03:54 PM
Differences are that with sk sunlight..you had a settings combined under one panel..
Time zone..manual...an a few more.
For the new lw 2018
Lights...you have to use sunspot ..that is a bit more tedious...though I mostly use manual control.

Otherwise I think its pretty much the same with softer shadows if you change angle.
You also had skymodel..turbidity..sky amount in that light panel...with the new lw lights...you have to jump between sunsky env...an thw lights..
Theres also sky amoumt which could be balanced against the skylight.

Here is the thing... John Marchant stated this:

"DP Infinite i liked because of the softer shadows."

I said:

"Since LW2018, you can do soft shadows with native Distant Lights."

Your response will only add to the confusion for people who might not know that native LW Distant lights can now produce soft shadows.

- - - Updated - - -

I would use the native solution for this.

gerardstrada
12-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Yes..that additional color profile is nice, I hope we get direct tonemapping editing though, wish is not directed to Denis but the lw devs.

Yes, me too. In the meantime, we may try tonemapping setups in DP Filter Node Editors. For previewing in real time we can use DP Node Pixel Filter and for final image, DP Node Image Filter. Just in case, here are a couple of filmic TMOs and links to others I shared in another thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?155269-Photorealism-and-expanding-the-dynamic-range-in-LW&p=1557394&viewfull=1#post1557394

Indeed, MeshPart is useful too, but guess it depends on what we need to do. i.e. For rotating (only rotating) parts with MeshPart, we need a setup like the one kindly shared by Joe Lertola in this thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?156018-Part-Move-in-Lightwave-2018

Which looks something like this:

https://i.postimg.cc/Wzh9Fdps/MeshPart.png

With DP PartMove, for doing the same thing, we only need this:

https://i.postimg.cc/V6NgpJCX/DPPart-Move.png

Think it's a matter of efficiency by depending on each task.

Gerardo

prometheus
12-05-2018, 04:30 AM
Here is the thing... John Marchant stated this:

"DP Infinite i liked because of the softer shadows."

I said:

"Since LW2018, you can do soft shadows with native Distant Lights."

Your response will only add to the confusion for people who might not know that native LW Distant lights can now produce soft shadows.

- - - Updated - - -

Cageman..my man:)
I am sorry..but how on earth do you find my response as confusing to the point that I somehow indicated that the new lights doesnīt do soft shadows?

My respones will not as you said, "only add to the confusion"
My response gave a clear description on a certain feature, not related to soft shadows.

I have never indicated anything like that, I pointed out the difference...itīs as simple as that.
In no way does a description of the dp lights skylight indicate that only dp lights has soft shadows.

As for the dp kit part move, a Personal choice...unless you specify why the new native tools would be better, I prefer part move from Denis, that is me.

prometheus
12-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Cageman..my man:)
I am sorry..but how on earth do you find my response as confusing to the point that I somehow indicated that the new lights doesnīt do soft shadows?

My respones will not as you said, "only add to the confusion"
My response gave a clear description on a certain feature, not related to soft shadows.

I have never indicated anything like that, I pointed out the difference...itīs as simple as that.
In no way does a description of the dp lights skylight indicate that only dp lights has soft shadows.

As for the dp kit part move, a Personal choice...unless you specify why the new native tools would be better, I prefer part move from Denis, that is me.

I think I misread your quote Cageman? you qouted someone else ..next to another quote, so I guess you didnīt respond that way to me:D

JohnMarchant
12-05-2018, 01:40 PM
I acknowledge that you can do soft shadows in 2018, i could also do dome lights natively in 2015 or use DP Dome, and as i said i know which i prefer. Its not just about the lights, its about how they are implemented and how easy it is to use. I found Denis's way far easier and i like the UI.

Its all speculation after this what Denis could and could not do because he has not done so far and so who is to say what he could leverage with the current SDK, maybe the lights wont be any better, maybe they will, maybe we will have more options with Denis's implementation.

I in no way am saying that 2018's lights are not good just because i asked if Denis would revisit DP Lights, any more than saying the 2018 renderer is rubbish because we have Octane or Kray, or that anything LWCad does is rubbish because it can be done nativly, there are many ways to do things and not just the look and we are all the better for having third-party developers helping us out and creating great tools to use within LW.

Here is LW Dome Light and DP Dome Light, far more options in Denis's version that the native one. Still both dome lights and do similar things.

gerardstrada
12-06-2018, 03:10 PM
I acknowledge that you can do soft shadows in 2018, i could also do dome lights natively in 2015 or use DP Dome, and as i said i know which i prefer. Its not just about the lights, its about how they are implemented and how easy it is to use. I found Denis's way far easier and i like the UI.
Yes, to each tool its task.

Its all speculation after this what Denis could and could not do because he has not done so far and so who is to say what he could leverage with the current SDK, maybe the lights wont be any better, maybe they will, maybe we will have more options with Denis's implementation.
Many of these tools were already coded since 2 years ago and what you see is what he has "leveraged" in a reasonably stable way with the current SDK, which is surprisingly A LOT for just one man, I think ...and I'm not speculating about this, I've tried the SK lights in LW 2018 and I'm aware they and other DP tools you don't see right now available for LW 2018 (or partially available) could be implementable IF Denis could receive a bit of support from NT/LWTeam, support he has asked for since 2 years ago.

Gerardo

Chuck
12-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Yes, to each tool its task.

Many of these tools were already coded since 2 years ago and what you see is what he has "leveraged" in a reasonably stable way with the current SDK, which is surprisingly A LOT for just one man, I think ...and I'm not speculating about this, I've tried the SK lights in LW 2018 and I'm aware they and other DP tools you don't see right now available for LW 2018 (or partially available) could be implementable IF Denis could receive a bit of support from NT/LWTeam, support he has asked for since 2 years ago.

Gerardo

Please rest assured that NewTek is fully responsive to inquiries from all third party developers, and is not delaying anyone's efforts by failing to be responsive.

gerardstrada
12-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Please rest assured that NewTek is fully responsive to inquiries from all third party developers, and is not delaying anyone's efforts by failing to be responsive.
Can you explain please how is that? If I'm a 3rth-party developer who needs assistance with lack or unclear info in the SDK to port a tool from LW2015 to 2018 and NT is failing to be responsive, how that is not delaying the third-party efforts?

Gerardo

Chuck
12-06-2018, 04:44 PM
We have initiated contact ourselves with Denis several times this past year; he has not indicated to us on any of those occasions that there is information about the SDK that he needs to proceed with his development. He did indicate that there were some previous discussions with the team management that he did not feel were carried to completion, but those were not about needing SDK information in order to proceed with his development, nor were they anything that he wished to go forward with at this time.

gerardstrada
12-06-2018, 05:11 PM
We have initiated contact ourselves with Denis several times this past year; he has not indicated to us on any of those occasions that there is information about the SDK that he needs to proceed with his development. He did indicate that there were some previous discussions with the team management that he did not feel were carried to completion, but those were not about needing SDK information in order to proceed with his development, nor were they anything that he wished to go forward with at this time.
Then that's where the issue resides! NT thinks the SDK is not issue. But there are several DP tools I've tested that can not be ported to LW2018 appropriately due to precisely the SDK assumes some technical topics are obvious for the developer but they are not explicit there and are precisely those topics related with the SDK what prevents a developer to port so useful tools successfully. Could you please check with Denis this topic again? Hopefully you could solve all this misunderstanding.

Gerardo
p.s. Thanks for being responsive.

Chuck
12-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Then that's where the issue resides! NT thinks the SDK is not issue. But there are several DP tools I've tested that can not be ported to LW2018 appropriately due to precisely the SDK assumes some technical topics are obvious for the developer but they are not explicit there and are precisely those topics related with the SDK what prevents a developer to port so useful tools successfully. Could you please check with Denis this topic again? Hopefully you could solve all this misunderstanding.

Gerardo
p.s. Thanks for being responsive.

Apologies, somehow I am not getting across to you that we have talked to Denis, and he has not had questions for us about the SDK. We did not make any assumptions, and I am confident he would have asked questions in response if he had them.

I did, however, email him again earlier today to ask if he had any such questions, just to be sure. He has been so busy with a long-term project that he did not have time to devote to development for quite some lengthy time. Now he does have time, and now he's getting some cool stuff done on the plugins.

gerardstrada
12-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Apologies, somehow I am not getting across to you that we have talked to Denis, and he has not had questions for us about the SDK. We did not make any assumptions, and I am confident he would have asked questions in response if he had them.
Yes, it's understandable if there are other issues with more priority for Denis to solve before addressing the technical ones. But the technical issues for porting his plugins have been directly related all the time with the SDK being opaque, non-explicit or unclear to him.

I did, however, email him again earlier today to ask if he had any such questions, just to be sure. He has been so busy with a long-term project that he did not have time to devote to development for quite some lengthy time. Now he does have time, and now he's getting some cool stuff done on the plugins.
Indeed. DP plugins are key components in the pipelines functionality of many LW studios and professionals. Thanks again for taking care about this topic.

Gerardo

gar26lw
12-09-2018, 07:10 AM
DP Plugins make LW usable; without them, no point using LW. Simple as that really.

3dworks
12-10-2018, 07:34 AM
I've posted a poll here (https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?158702-DP-nodes-and-plugins-compiled-for-LW2018-on-Mac-Please-vote-here!) for all MacOS users for getting an idea if we can maybe fund together some money which could go to a developer helping us to get the DP tools compiled for LW2018 on MacOS side. Please vote if you are interested and concerned, thanks!

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?158702-DP-nodes-and-plugins-compiled-for-LW2018-on-Mac-Please-vote-here!

Markus

omichon
12-13-2018, 06:08 AM
:-/ Really wish there was a x64 version SVGMap... Or is there?

Looks like Denis heard you...there are new x64 and 2018 versions :)

Edit : DPKit and DPFilter have also been updated.

gerardstrada
12-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Edit : DPKit and DPFilter have also been updated.

Indeed. Some interesting things the new DP Filter Node Editors can be useful with is for example by helping us to get rid of some of those annoying fireflies artifacts produced by some materials of LW2018, without losing dynamic range or increasing reflection rays. i.e. for a result like this:

https://i.postimg.cc/FKMjgjQc/LW2018-Hi-Fr-Fl-Sample.jpg

We can get this by soft-clipping:

https://i.postimg.cc/NFYmZBFj/soft-clip2018.jpg

or this with soft-clipping + a logarithmic curve:

https://i.postimg.cc/mrgbXqTW/soft-Log2018.jpg

more detailed description of this experimental technique in this thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?71751-Extra-Buffer-nodes&p=1560427&viewfull=1#post1560427

Gerardo

omichon
12-17-2018, 12:47 AM
Thanks a lot for that, Gerardo. Very useful info, indeed...as usual :)
...and thanks to Denis, obviously !

gerardstrada
12-17-2018, 07:12 PM
There are more good news, Olivier! Denis has added a new DP Median filter. So fireflies could be solved in post with this filter.

i.e. for this render:

https://i.postimg.cc/MT9FpPBx/LW2018-Fr-Fl-Sample.jpg

we get this:

https://i.postimg.cc/RCQhCq7s/DPMedian1.jpg

or for this render:

https://i.postimg.cc/FKMjgjQc/LW2018-Hi-Fr-Fl-Sample.jpg

we get this:

https://i.postimg.cc/T3SYNbxw/DPMedian2.jpg

Setup is very simple. More info in this thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?71751-Extra-Buffer-nodes&p=1560511&viewfull=1#post1560511

Gerardo

omichon
12-17-2018, 11:48 PM
Finally ! Thanks for the heads up (and illustration), Gerardo :thumbsup:

Niko3D
12-19-2018, 03:21 AM
Hi!
Can you help with node for SurfaceID and ObjectID please?
Since I've update to DP2018 my old node doesn't work...:(...and now it seems the setup is different.

How can I setup the Render Buffer for SurfaceID and Object ID now?

Thank you
Nico

omichon
12-19-2018, 03:32 AM
Hi!
Since I've update to DP2018 my old node doesn't work...:(...and now it seems the setup is different.

Thank you
Nico

This could be done natively with 2018. Maybe you could start by checking the docs. It's pretty straightforward actually.

Otterman
12-19-2018, 03:40 AM
Hi!

Thank you
Nico

Blah move on from those, Cryptomattes are the future!

Niko3D
12-19-2018, 03:41 AM
This could be done natively with 2018. Maybe you could start by checking the docs. It's pretty straightforward actually.

I know...:)
But natively the buffers are without AA...so in Post (photoshop) they are useless. In archiviz (my field) we need that very precise...
I'm trying to setup DP2018 but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong...

gerardstrada
12-20-2018, 01:50 AM
I know...:)
But natively the buffers are without AA...so in Post (photoshop) they are useless. In archiviz (my field) we need that very precise...
I'm trying to setup DP2018 but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong...
We were able to get those with DP GlobalBuffers in DP PFNE or through DP ExtraBuffers. Pitifully, GlobalBuffers are not present yet in v2018 of DP PFNE since the SDK in this matter is opaque for Denis (let's hope NT support for him is on the way...), in the meantime we can use the new DP GetCustomBuffers! With them we can get mattes for objects:

https://i.postimg.cc/jjPfjm6p/objectmatteresult.jpg

or surfaces:

https://i.postimg.cc/q7VtWQfj/mattesurfacesresult.jpg

Notice we can get not only nice antialiasing, but also DOF, motionblur, etc.

https://i.postimg.cc/C5TfkgYC/colorcorrectedmattes2.jpg

More info in this thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?71751-Extra-Buffer-nodes&p=1560638&viewfull=1#post1560638

Gerardo

p.s. cryptomattes are very useful btw, hope to have those fully functional natively :)

rdolishny
12-20-2018, 07:11 AM
Is this native LW2018 renderer?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a native LW2018 render?

gerardstrada
12-21-2018, 12:07 AM
Just in case, DP Filter Node Editors get buffer data from LW render only, then yes, those are native LW renders - with a "special" color management process :)

Gerardo

gerardstrada
01-01-2019, 05:47 AM
Just to let you know Denis has developed a new Antialiasing tool!

DP Antialias can help us to get rid of some jaggies in post DOF:

https://i.postimg.cc/wMDQCGCT/jaggies.jpg

Just use it after DP DOF node:

https://i.postimg.cc/hGhbDjkY/DPAA.jpg

to getting nicer edges:

https://i.postimg.cc/RhmHHVY4/nojaggies.jpg

More usages examples in this thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?71751-Extra-Buffer-nodes&p=1561248#post1561248

Gerardo

Niko3D
01-07-2019, 03:28 AM
We were able to get those with DP GlobalBuffers in DP PFNE or through DP ExtraBuffers. Pitifully, GlobalBuffers are not present yet in v2018 of DP PFNE since the SDK in this matter is opaque for Denis (let's hope NT support for him is on the way...), in the meantime we can use the new DP GetCustomBuffers! With them we can get mattes for objects:

https://i.postimg.cc/jjPfjm6p/objectmatteresult.jpg

or surfaces:

https://i.postimg.cc/q7VtWQfj/mattesurfacesresult.jpg

Notice we can get not only nice antialiasing, but also DOF, motionblur, etc.

https://i.postimg.cc/C5TfkgYC/colorcorrectedmattes2.jpg

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?71751-Extra-Buffer-nodes&p=1560638&viewfull=1#post1560638

Gerardo

p.s. cryptomattes are very useful btw, hope to have those fully functional natively :)

Hi Gerardo!
Thank you very much for letting me know...and sorry for my late reply.

Yes this is what I absolutely need, and with the new DP I did not understand.
I will see the link how to create the node...and to create the Surface and Object ID. With the old one was very easy...

Thank you again.
Nico

gar26lw
01-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Bug :plug AO node output into a mixer node foreground input - instant crash in modeller and layout 2018.0.7

gar26lw
01-12-2019, 10:25 PM
is there no 2015 version of this now?

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

MonroePoteet
01-12-2019, 11:04 PM
The "LW11" plugins are compatible with LW2015:

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

mTp

gerardstrada
01-14-2019, 02:13 AM
Nico, totally agree! the route in v2015 is very easy because we don't need to set up all this locally on every surface like we do with DP ExtraBuffers/CustomBuffers, we just set up all globally with DP GlobalBuffers in DP PixelFilter NE. Let's hope Denis can receive some SDK support from NT so he can implement GlobalBuffers at pixel filter level.

In the meantime, we could use DP CustomBuffers in v2018. With DP CustomBuffers you don't need to create the Object/Surface matte nodes, just use any of the compound nodes shared in this post:

The procedure flow is very similar to the one used for ExtraBuffers in v2015 or before. In v2018 is like this:

Create the native CustomBuffers => Connect the shared Object/Surface nodes to these custom buffers in all surfaces => Gather these custom buffers in DP Image Filter NE with DP GetCustomBuffers node => Export these custom buffers with DP Global Buffers node in DP Image Filter NE.

gar26lw, thanks for reporting! Denis just fix this in DPKit. Notice in Surface NE it didn't crash. Just in case, there's no point to use an Ambient Occlusion shader in Image Filter NE because this is a raytrace effect (not in screen-space) and there's no point to use it in PixelFilter NE because there's no global 3D shading evaluation in v2018 like we have in v2015, due to once again, some SDK issues in v2018. Anyway, it has been fixed in DPKit!

As MonroePoteet says, DPKit for LW11 works in v2015 too. For DPFilter (the nodes we have been commenting), Denis has added the new nodes for LW 2015 as well:

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/DP_Filter.html

Gerardo

jwiede
01-14-2019, 04:31 PM
As MonroePoteet says, DPKit for LW11 works in v2015 too. For DPFilter (the nodes we have been commenting), Denis has added the new nodes for LW 2015 as well:

Gerardo, has Denis given you any indication what his plan is to address Mac versions of his plugins (if any)? If not, that would also be worth knowing.

gerardstrada
01-16-2019, 02:52 AM
The only thing that I know is that he has no more possibility to get a Mac version for his plugins. But don't know why or if this is definitive. Sorry.

Gerardo

Niko3D
01-21-2019, 07:37 AM
Nico, totally agree! the route in v2015 is very easy because we don't need to set up all this locally on every surface like we do with DP ExtraBuffers/CustomBuffers, we just set up all globally with DP GlobalBuffers in DP PixelFilter NE. Let's hope Denis can receive some SDK support from NT so he can implement GlobalBuffers at pixel filter level.

In the meantime, we could use DP CustomBuffers in v2018. With DP CustomBuffers you don't need to create the Object/Surface matte nodes, just use any of the compound nodes shared in this post:

The procedure flow is very similar to the one used for ExtraBuffers in v2015 or before. In v2018 is like this:

Create the native CustomBuffers => Connect the shared Object/Surface nodes to these custom buffers in all surfaces => Gather these custom buffers in DP Image Filter NE with DP GetCustomBuffers node => Export these custom buffers with DP Global Buffers node in DP Image Filter NE.

gar26lw, thanks for reporting! Denis just fix this in DPKit. Notice in Surface NE it didn't crash. Just in case, there's no point to use an Ambient Occlusion shader in Image Filter NE because this is a raytrace effect (not in screen-space) and there's no point to use it in PixelFilter NE because there's no global 3D shading evaluation in v2018 like we have in v2015, due to once again, some SDK issues in v2018. Anyway, it has been fixed in DPKit!

Gerardo

Hi Gerardo!

Thank you once again!I will try it, but I can not use this "method" right now. We have maybe hundreds objects with 20/30 surfaces for each model in our scenes. So it's impossible to work in this way to me.
How can I link the Obj/Surf Matte node for hundreds different surfaces???:(...impossible.
I need to find a solution more...easy, where I can create only one time the node. As in 2015 version.

Any helps?
Please keep going to keep us updated on your amazing helps and stuff!

;)
Nico

oliverhotz
01-21-2019, 08:13 AM
Hi Gerardo!

Thank you once again!I will try it, but I can not use this "method" right now. We have maybe hundreds objects with 20/30 surfaces for each model in our scenes. So it's impossible to work in this way to me.
How can I link the Obj/Surf Matte node for hundreds different surfaces???:(...impossible.
I need to find a solution more...easy, where I can create only one time the node. As in 2015 version.

Any helps?

;)
Nico

ODTools has a 1 button solution.. check https://vimeo.com/223177596 and https://vimeo.com/198126630

gerardstrada
01-24-2019, 04:35 PM
Any helps?
Since the Matte Object/Surface compound node used is the same for all surfaces and all surfaces already have there the CustomBuffer input, you could try by:

- Go to your first surface into the Edit Node Graph and Copy the Matte Object/Surface compound node,
- In Surface Editor select the second surface, SHIFT key, select the last surface, right click, Paste Node Graph.

Then all your surfaces should have now the compound node by keeping their own node setups intact.

Other way is by trying your regular setup in DP IFNE and after that apply DP Antialiasing:

https://i.postimg.cc/4x0s02s9/mattepass-AA.gif

It works also with DP Mask Objects/Surfaces nodes:

https://i.postimg.cc/PrxGkb6z/maskAA.gif

It's similar to OLM plugin for Ae.

Gerardo

p.s. Oliver's plugin looks useful too!

gerardstrada
01-28-2019, 05:23 PM
Just to let you know Denis has re-added Global Buffers in DP Pixel Filter Node Editor!!! It works with any reconstruction filter and it allows us to use Surface ID / Object ID buffers for making matte object/surface passes able to get motion blur, depth of field and any other subpixel effect.

https://i.postimg.cc/ydgZ8yYd/wwid1.png

So it's as easy as previous versions!

https://i.postimg.cc/XNfGJJkn/miniWW.jpg

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?71751-Extra-Buffer-nodes&p=1563279&viewfull=1#post1563279

Gerardo

Chris S. (Fez)
01-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Nice. Thank you Denis and Newtek.

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Nice. Thank you Denis and Newtek.
Just in case, Denis hasn't received any news yet from NT about this topic, pitifully. Hope with their help we all users could have all Buffers available there as in previous versions.

Gerardo

Chuck
01-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Just in case, Denis hasn't received any news yet from NT about this topic, pitifully. Hope with their help we all users could have all Buffers available there as in previous versions.

Gerardo

Gerardo, that is simply not true. I've communicated directly with Denis myself on several occasions these last few months. I've let him know that any questions he has we will get him answers, and he has replied each time that he will provide questions to us when he feels he is ready to do so, but so far those have not been sent either to me or to team member Ben Vost, whom he has also had email exchanges with.

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Gerardo, that is simply not true. I've communicated directly with Denis myself on several occasions these last few months. I've let him know that any questions he has we will get him answers, and he has replied each time that he will provide questions to us when he feels he is ready to do so, but so far those have not been sent either to me or to team member Ben Vost, whom he has also had email exchanges with.
Well, no news from NT according to him. So it looks like there's a miscommunication somewhere.
Probably the reason is NT server rejecting his emails so he is unable to communicate with you through email. Solving it by his side is complicated. Could you please check if there's the possibility he could not be blacklisted by NT server? Hopefully it could smooth communication out.

Gerardo

oliverhotz
01-29-2019, 04:09 PM
hate to chime in here, but its rediculous to assume that he would be blacklisted.. i am sure he is not... its easy for any dev to get in touch with the right people there... to assume the opposite, is just purely wrong. He has multiple avenues to the devs... he just has to choose one... As much as I appreciate your Effort gerado, i also dont understand why Denis needs to talk through you.. he's posted on the forum... not sure where the issue is here.

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 04:16 PM
You can be sure of whatever you want, but the blacklisted issue was even confirmed by NT IT and they requested him to solve it by his side.

Gerardo

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 04:22 PM
p.s. btw, he's not talking through me, I'm just trying to have full previous LW functionality to work with :)

oliverhotz
01-29-2019, 04:28 PM
like i said.. its appreciated.. just wish when you talk about assumed miscommunication, that he would actually be the one doing the communicating here.

Chuck
01-29-2019, 04:33 PM
You can be sure of whatever you want, but the blacklisted issue was even confirmed by NT IT and they requested him to solve it by his side.

Gerardo

I was the one who informed him that our IT reported that some of security sites they use to ensure safety have orange.fr blacklisted, so he has been unable to email to newtek.com addresses. That can only be lifted by orange.fr mgmt and technical staff working with those sites to get themselves whitelisted. In the meantime, however, he can and does communicate by other means, so it is not a roadblock.

It is also the case that he can submit questions and issues directly from within LightWave using the Feedback Agent: Help > Submit Bug Report, and get responses.

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 04:38 PM
just wish when you talk about assumed miscommunication, that he would actually be the one doing the communicating here.

Well, I'd just wish the SDK info he needs would be available in the SDK so that we could already have the tools we need.

Gerardo

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 04:54 PM
I was the one who informed him that our IT reported that some of security sites they use to ensure safety have orange.fr blacklisted, so he has been unable to email to newtek.com addresses. That can only be lifted by orange.fr mgmt and technical staff working with those sites to get themselves whitelisted. In the meantime, however, he can and does communicate by other means, so it is not a roadblock.

It is also the case that he can submit questions and issues directly from within LightWave using the Feedback Agent: Help > Submit Bug Report, and get responses.
So he's indeed blacklisted.
Seems other means you refer are not very fluid. Could you please check twice if this is only solvable by his side? because it seems there's another user using Orange who is not blacklisted. Can you recheck please?

Gerardo

Chuck
01-29-2019, 05:23 PM
So he's indeed blacklisted.
Seems other means you refer are not very fluid. Could you please check twice if this is only solvable by his side? because it seems there's another user using Orange who is not blacklisted. Can you recheck please?

Gerardo

I already double-checked and yes, the blacklisting isn't something we control and we can't fix it. Despite that issue, the fact is that we are communicating with Denis at will, and he is communicating back with us at will, whenever he wishes to do so. Regardless of whatever satisfaction you get from your inaccurate characterizations of NewTek, NewTek staff, and this situation, please stop them now. That's enough.

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 06:42 PM
I already double-checked and yes, the blacklisting isn't something we control and we can't fix it. Despite that issue, the fact is that we are communicating with Denis at will, and he is communicating back with us at will, whenever he wishes to do so. Regardless of whatever satisfaction you get from your inaccurate characterizations of NewTek, NewTek staff, and this situation, please stop them now. That's enough.
Well, you are inaccurately "characterizing" my opinions about NT, staff (whom I don't have the pleasure to know) or the situation :) Talking about the issues could look like a "characterization", but what works doesn't need to be fixed - just improved. So I'm trying to find out how the situation can be solved because it's stuck by a lot of time now. You say you can communicate with Denis at will and I do believe you, but it's obvious he can't - at least not with the necessary fluidity to solve the SDK issues. You have a 3rth-party developer who needs fluid SDK support and for whatever reason, his email is blacklisted by NT server. As user of such tools, as many of us who consider them key part of LW functionality, it's a legitimate worry asking you, as Communication Manager, if the issue can be solved by NT side since developer can't. It should be an expected request from me or any other user, mostly when it's obvious the third-party developer is willing to update these tools, otherwise we wouldn't have these partial updates.

Gerardo

oliverhotz
01-29-2019, 07:30 PM
Gerardo.. said it before.. maybe the english didnt come through to you.. let denis do the talking...you dont need to..

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 07:43 PM
Gerardo.. said it before.. maybe the english didnt come through to you.. let denis do the talking...you dont need to..
Oliver... said before... maybe the English didn't come through to you... he talks by himself ...if issue that affects so many users is taking so much time, as users we are gonna talk about it.

Gerardo

oliverhotz
01-29-2019, 07:56 PM
good luck..

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Hopefully it's more a matter of patience :)

Gerardo

gar26lw
01-29-2019, 08:14 PM
Well, I'd just wish the SDK info he needs would be available in the SDK so that we could already have the tools we need.

Gerardo

docs are confluence based, put it all in there and people can comment and contribute. make it private if you want. no email needed

SBowie
01-29-2019, 08:20 PM
Well, you are inaccurately "characterizing" my opinions about NT, staff (whom I don't have the pleasure to know) or the situation :)I think there may be a little language issue going on here. Chuck isn't mis-characterizing your expressions, he's explaining how they are perceived by a good native English reader (actually, more than one). He has explained several times that there is no communication issue, and that M. Pontonnier not only has viable ways to correspond that do no rely on the blacklisted domain, but is freely using them as he sees fit. Your insistence that NewTek must do something to rectify the matter is not just one-sided, it's baseless.

As others have said, kindly refrain from stirring up unnecessary issues, whether your intentions are benign or you have some other agenda. I won't ask twice.

gerardstrada
01-29-2019, 10:22 PM
docs are confluence based, put it all in there and people can comment and contribute. make it private if you want. no email needed
This idea sounds interesting!

Gerardo

SpawnSP
01-30-2019, 03:47 AM
I will just say that, for me, when someone like gerardstrada says that something is wrong, then it is really wrong.
In my opinion, someone at NT should create a gmail account and give it to Dennis directly. But it's just my opinion, of course.

I also think that when NT wakes up this morning, some cleanup will be made on this thread :rolleyes:

Asticles
01-30-2019, 04:32 AM
Everything seems very bizarre. Someone is, or very wrong, or there are things that we don't know.

Best regards.

raymondtrace
01-30-2019, 05:16 AM
I will just say that, for me, when someone like gerardstrada says that something is wrong, then it is really wrong.
In my opinion, someone at NT should create a gmail account and give it to Dennis directly. .

Gerardstrada does not appear to understand what a syndicated blacklist is, nor that newtek (in this discussion) has stated that they are in communication regardless of the blacklist. It is getting painful to read all these silly accusations.

SBowie
01-30-2019, 07:51 AM
I also think that when NT wakes up this morning, some cleanup will be made on this thread :rolleyes:Got it in one ...

Relationships are complicated. Attempts to meddle in the relationships of others, especially when either or both of those persons (for reasons within their own purview) have clearly determined to keep any related details private, are just plain bad manners - especially when they contradict what little has been openly stated.

None of this should be construed by anyone to imply that NewTek is not very appreciative of the amazing contributions M. Pontonnier* has made and continues to generously make to the LightWave community and ecosystem.

* Kindly don't read any 'coldness' into my formal usage. I do not know the gentleman personally and was not raised to presume an intimacy that refers to others by their first names.

I will just say that, for me, when someone like gerardstrada says that something is wrong, then it is really wrong.And when someone like Chuck, who I have personally observed for something like two decades to be both extremely patient and unfailingly ethical tells you to leave it alone because it's fine, then it really is fine.

oliverhotz
01-30-2019, 08:17 AM
this thread was great when it was about all the new stuff that denis is doing and it being showed of, until it turned into a shitfest.

Chuck
01-30-2019, 08:25 AM
BTW - I don't recall seeing anyone comment on the fact that so far the updates to Denis' plugins seem also to work for LightWave 2019, from the reports we've seen so far. Updated the thread title to reflect this nice news.

Tim Parsons
01-30-2019, 08:42 AM
Yes!! And he seems to be updating them daily - I can't keep up!!!! LW2019 is a very nice upgrade indeed and these plugins make it all the better.

robertoortiz
01-30-2019, 08:52 AM
Yes!! And he seems to be updating them daily - I can't keep up!!!! LW2019 is a very nice upgrade indeed and these plugins make it all the better.

Maybe someone should do a video demo of them in 2019.

dpont
01-31-2019, 02:22 AM
BTW - I don't recall seeing anyone comment on the fact that so far the updates to Denis' plugins seem also to work for LightWave 2019, from the reports we've seen so far. Updated the thread title to reflect this nice news.

Indeed,
I would thank Gerardo for his support, clever request and precious reports.
He's right, there are still walls for giving full functionnality.

And about loudness...
I understand that you Mr Baker and NT globally, do expect some kind of normalization
of our Relationship, and me too, but as long as both parties must give their approval,
this is sadly not acted, should I say half redressed?
Well this is simple to understand, when something has been faked
confidence can be rebuild only with caution, the need to be informed, that's all.

Denis

SBowie
01-31-2019, 10:31 AM
As I wrote elsewhere earlier this week, relationships are complicated, and often times if there have been misunderstandings (or worse), rapprochement is best accomplished by the principles chatting in private, without heckling from others. This is all the more true when the relationship is highly appreciated.

NewTek sincerely attempts to show proper respect for the dignity of others, in this as in all things, and thus refrains from discussing such matters publicly. For these reasons please be assured that, having seen how quickly these things can escalate, I will quickly moderate posts that simply tend to stir up contention and which are not appropriate for this venue.

Chuck
01-31-2019, 01:23 PM
Denis, good to see you here on this thread! Thank you for taking the time to comment. BTW, we have broadened up the topics we cover on our blog, and now post third party news there. I'd like to do an article on your newest updates very soon, will be getting in touch with you about that.

Niko3D
02-04-2019, 10:40 AM
Just to let you know Denis has re-added Global Buffers in DP Pixel Filter Node Editor!!! It works with any reconstruction filter and it allows us to use Surface ID / Object ID buffers for making matte object/surface passes able to get motion blur, depth of field and any other subpixel effect.

https://i.postimg.cc/ydgZ8yYd/wwid1.png

So it's as easy as previous versions!

https://i.postimg.cc/XNfGJJkn/miniWW.jpg

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?71751-Extra-Buffer-nodes&p=1563279&viewfull=1#post1563279

Gerardo

Hi Gerardo,

I've installed the last update of Denis and everything works perfectly as in 2015version. I mean through the Pixel Filter...;)
Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Nico

gar26lw
06-08-2019, 12:39 AM
yes thanks. gratitude to denis and gerardo.

ianr
06-08-2019, 09:30 AM
yes thanks. gratitude to denis and gerardo.

ME Too! (2nd that emotion :dance:)