PDA

View Full Version : Macworld 2004

cresshead
01-01-2004, 06:19 AM
hi just had a quick look at the macworld site and didn't see NEWTEK or LIGHTWAVE as an exhibitor there..

here's the list of 2d & 3d app creators that'll be shown.......

Avid Technology, Inc.

Boinx Software

Creation Engine

Discreet

EazyDraw

EJ Enterprises Worldwide

Macro Enter

MacSolutions, Inc.

Magnet Media, Inc.

Microspot Ltd.

REALVIZ S.A.

Synthetik Software, Inc.

Toon Boom Technologies Inc.

Trolltech AS

sp........ no alias or newtek...are there other places that lightwave may be shown other than the main centre?

EDIT: actually Alias is there but didn't get listed by applications they will show...so what about newtek?

steve g

:confused:

T-Light
01-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Hello, Happy new year :)

Just checked the shows and events on this site and there's nothing mentioned :confused:

cresshead
01-01-2004, 06:28 AM
and there's no L**olo*y either but that doesn't mean that lightwave 8 wil not be demo'd as it may be a APPLE G5 demo to show off a recompiled lightwave 8 for G5 for example...

i'm not sure if proton is going there as a visiotr or as a demo guy for lightwave/newtek.

and happy new year as well!

cresshead
01-01-2004, 07:25 AM
okay..had a look in the MAc forum here....

c np'd from chuck

At MacWorld we will have a press suite in the SF Marriott, and William will be there with other NewTek staff giving press one-on-one demos and Q & A on LightWave 3D 8. My query on who is attending is because we will also have a small reception for users on Tuesday at 4:00 PM. Space is very limited, but we do still have a few spaces available, so contact me if you'd like to attend.:D

Beamtracer
01-01-2004, 08:42 AM
I'd like to see this demo of Lightwave 8 running on the new Apple G5. Will there be streaming videos?

Newtek has said they have optimized Lightwave 8 for Apple's recently released 'Panther' operating system.

Proton had better watch out. He's a Windows PC user, but now he's going to be demonstrating Lightwave 8 at MacWorld he may find he gets converted! ;)

WilliamVaughan
01-01-2004, 10:36 AM
I've already demo'd LightWave 8 on a G5 last year....several times :)

Meshbuilder
01-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by proton
I've already demo'd LightWave 8 on a G5 last year....several times :)
How was it? :)

Zach
01-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Looks like Luxology won't be there either!

:eek:

:D

Beamtracer
01-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Zach, don't mention that word!!!! :eek:

It costs ooodles of money pay for a stand on the floorspace at MacWorld.

A cheaper method would be to have Steve Jobs mention a product on-stage during his keynote address, then have staff ready nearby to demonstrate it as a follow up.

There is a touch of irony that Discreet (makers of 3DS Max) and Avid (Makers of Softimage XSI) both have stands at MacWorld!!!

There will be a streaming video of Steve Jobs' keynote. Apple always streams it out. Hmmm, I'll see if I can find a link..

Just a sec...

http://www.macworldexpo.com/convdata/macworldexposf/images/steve_jobs.jpg

It just says that Steve Jobs keynote will be at 9am on Tuesday January 6.

Apple will definitely be streaming it live, but I can find a URL for that. Maybe check on Apple's website when it gets closer.

I'll be watching the keynote to see if there'll be any interesting new products announced! ;)

js33
01-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Gee Beam I think you're in Love. :D

The keynote playback on the Apple site is delayed until after the real speech.

Cheers,
JS

archiea
01-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
It costs ooodles of money pay for a stand on the floorspace at MacWorld....
...There is a touch of irony that Discreet (makers of 3DS Max) and Avid (Makers of Softimage XSI) both have stands at MacWorld!!!...

Well, its not irony, but an observation: Discreet and Avid will be showcased as a mac developer while NT will not.

Like I've said in the past, If I was an apple Newbie and I went to the apple site to look for 3D apps (which is what alot of apple newbies do when looking for aps) I see no mention of LW, just Maya...

However, I did see slot of ad for LW over a mac sites like creativemac.com.. right on the front page, so it looks like NT is taking steps to change this...

CB_3D
01-02-2004, 08:28 PM
it would be a very smart move for apple to shine with more than one professional 3d solution for their hardware. the mac hasn´t quite shook off the 3d-looser image it had a few years ago, which is sad because the new mashines ARE good for what we do. but i think they know that... just as NT know what´s good for them.

Hervé
01-03-2004, 12:15 AM
you people are using the word "if" a lot, no ???

Beamtracer
01-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Chuck
At MacWorld we will have a press suite in the SF Marriott, and William will be there with other NewTek staff giving press one-on-one demos and Q & A on LightWave 3D 8. My query on who is attending is because we will also have a small reception for users on Tuesday at 4:00 PM. Space is very limited, but we do still have a few spaces available, so contact me if you'd like to attend. I think Windows users should also attend this Lightwave 8 reception that Chuck mentions.

Being Macworld, the demo would be done on one of Apple's new G5 machines, but it should be just as relevant to Windows users as the Lightwave interface is identical on both platforms.

js33
01-03-2004, 02:43 PM
We might get sucked into the collective. :D

Just kidding.

I'm hoping we will see a 64 bit version running on the spanking new Macs.

I want to see Chuck and/or Proton kicking Brad off the stage to be in the spotlight with Steve. :D

Cheers,
JS

Beamtracer
01-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Macworld going live!

Steve Jobs keynote address will be webcast live at this address...

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

At 9:00am Tuesday (US Pacific time).