PDA

View Full Version : How do I rotate/inverse object?

jperk
11-05-2018, 12:27 PM
I need the geometry to appear in LW as shown in this screenshot:

After loading into LW, the object appears inversed as shown below:

The block stairs shown in first image (to left) should appear on same side in LW, but it's the opposite. Any tips?

Sensei
11-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Did you try Unify Normals?

MonroePoteet
11-05-2018, 01:41 PM
It isn't clear from the images you posted whether the object needs to be rotated 180 degrees about the object's center Y axis (i.e. the first image is viewing the object from the Front while the second image is viewing the object from the Back), or whether the object needs to actually be flipped left to right. If it needs to be flipped left to right, in Modeler use the Modify=>Transform=>Stretch tool and enter -100.0% for the Horizontal Factor in the Numeric panel with the Axis set to Z.

To Rotate, use the rotate tool (of course!) and enter 180 in the numeric panel. If you end up with the object "inside out", you may need to flip polygon normals in Modeler.

mTp

jperk
11-05-2018, 02:47 PM
It isn't clear from the images you posted whether the object needs to be rotated 180 degrees about the object's center Y axis (i.e. the first image is viewing the object from the Front while the second image is viewing the object from the Back), or whether the object needs to actually be flipped left to right. If it needs to be flipped left to right, in Modeler use the Modify=>Transform=>Stretch tool and enter -100.0% for the Horizontal Factor in the Numeric panel with the Axis set to Z.

To Rotate, use the rotate tool (of course!) and enter 180 in the numeric panel. If you end up with the object "inside out", you may need to flip polygon normals in Modeler.

mTp

That worked beautifully. Thank you!