PDA

View Full Version : surface panel disappears. still.

stylus10
11-03-2018, 04:01 PM
i don't know what to say. i am so disheartened that this is still a problem. if someone knows can the please help me. i need to get this work done. in both modeler and lightwave 2018.0.7, win10, the surface panel flashes and then goes away. the way it did since the beginning of 2018 release. thanks you in advance.

edit: i reinstalled the program and it worked for a few minutes but then.... it stopped.

MonroePoteet
11-03-2018, 05:49 PM
RE: Surface Panel "flashes and goes away", I've never seen that in LW2018 in any sub-version (LW2018.0.1 and later). Do you run a dual-monitor setup? Perhaps at some point you moved the Surface Editor onto the other monitor and now it "vanishes" to the other monitor even though it's not operational? You might try *MAKING COPIES*!! of your CFG files, deleting them all and restarting Layout / Modeler to see if it fixes the problem.

The other thing that's frustrating for me is sometimes the LW screen drawing produces blanked-out portions of the LW interface (e.g. especially the Preview Window after a render!) which might be similar to your problem. In Layout I've assigned CTRL-left arrow to the Layout command "Refresh Items and Viewports Immediately", so when I get portions of Layout getting blanked out, I just press CTRL-left and it refreshes everything. In Modeler, I assign the same keyboard shortcut to "Center View on Mouse Pointer" which forces a screen update to accomplish the same thing.

RE: the cursor vanishing in Modeler, that may be a Windows setting. In Windows Control Panel=>Hardware and Sound=>Devices and Printers=>Mouse=>Pointers tab try disabling "Allow Themes to Change Pointers", or in the Pointer Options tab, try disabling "Hide Pointer While Typing". You might also try enabling Pointer Trails in that same panel at least to analyze the problem.

Good luck!
mTp

stylus10
11-03-2018, 05:58 PM
thank you this illustrates several lines of attack. i have tried most of the tactics for the cursor problem, but not all. this will help i am sure.

stylus10
11-03-2018, 06:11 PM
well this worked! thank you. i get the feeling i will have to do this often, but at least i'll have a work around. i really appreciate your advice and i will work on cursor issues tomorrow as it's getting late and i am behind.