PDA

View Full Version : The Future wil be here in July

drclare
12-31-2003, 09:24 PM
Has anyone seen or heard of this. I just saw the link on Flay.com, it's pretty amazing and should drum up some very interesting scientific and philosophical discussions.

I Robot Now (http://www.irobotnow.com/index.php)

prajna
01-01-2004, 12:25 AM
The first thing that struck me was how much they resemble the robots in the "Terminator" series. I would think this would turn off a large number of people from buying them. Actually, come to think of it, in some ways they're even more scary than the Terminator robots.

drclare
01-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeah, they're definitely not very attractive. It's just strange that everything we've seen in the movies is finally hear. It could be good or really bad.

WCameron
01-01-2004, 02:26 AM
its an interesting way to market the movie. there was another movie out fairly recently that did something similar but i cant recall the name..... (gonna drive me crazy all day now!)

- Will.

drclare
01-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Huh? Market what movie? This is a real product that is going to be sold in July.

TheAlienGus
01-01-2004, 08:14 AM
So this is a real product?
I just thought it was a movie.

Sheesh, are we really that desensitized?
Something has to change, if we really are.

WCameron
01-01-2004, 09:20 AM
No, this is an ad Web Page (or even a MediaPathic Event for it) for the movie adaption of Issac Asimovs I ROBOT movie.
whicih is coming out in July.

- Will.

Aegis
01-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Oh c'mon! "Positronic" brain? Puh-lease! And the copyright TCF stands for 20th Century Fox...

If you think that's convincing, you guys should watch Brass Eye and The Day Today... :)

Noclar7
01-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by WCameron
its an interesting way to market the movie. there was another movie out fairly recently that did something similar but i cant recall the name..... (gonna drive me crazy all day now!)

- Will.

Resident Evil 2 has done the same thing as well (kinda sorta, they give it away at the end), but for a life rejuvinating potion.

BTW, Happy new year year to all. keep up the good work Newtek.

Peter Palesh
01-01-2004, 01:18 PM
http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/011297.php

The Answer

satya
01-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Peter

I agree with you. The 3 laws clinched it.

I had read Tolkien (22 years back?) before I tasted Asimov (15 years back). As with a series, I have always wondered which studio would take up some of the Robot/Foundation series and convert them into epic movies?

Peter Jackson did what I secretly longed for years. He brought my imagination onto celluloid in such a way that is very difficult to explain. (Especially to people who don't like reading novels or who don't like fantasies)!

I am also looking forward to seeing the Ender series, the Hyperion series (I believe Dan Simmons has come out with a new novel Illium - the 4th? in that series), the Reality Dysfnction series, a very old classic called The Lensmen series by E.E.Doc Smith etc. etc.

:D

I am a fan ... of history .. and of the future ... and of fantasy ...

:D

Satya

Jockomo
01-06-2004, 09:44 AM
There was a movie billboard (one of those cardboard standups) at the theater where we saw ROTK. It was for I-Robot.
It said one of the lead actors was Will Smith.

One thing I find interesting is how they incorporated the whole (i) thing into the theme. i-mac etc. Of course the name of the book was I Robot, but that certainly wasn't what Asimov had in mind when he wrote it.

By the way, if you haven't read the book, it's a very good read. Definately one of my favorites.

Chrysolithos
01-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by satya
Peter

a very old classic called The Lensmen series by E.E.Doc Smith etc. etc.

Satya
Lensman rules!
Well, the Japanese have already had a go at Lensman, but it dosent resemble the original books very well, other than names and something resembling the lens on their arms. There was a movie and a tv series. Only the movie is available over here, I believe. (Also there was something about the estate of Doc Smith not being compinsated for the use of the IP, but I don't know the exact details.)

Chrysolithos
01-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Cover of film clip book

Ziah
01-06-2004, 11:00 PM
to bad this thread almost had me but if ure a big movie goer you would have seen a 20 sec preview of this ..good one tho had me going