PDA

View Full Version : The cube 3d visualizer challenge!

Shawn Farrell
11-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Let's say we have "THE CUBE" which when a loud transient like a kick drum in a soundtrack cues a "push" to slightly rotate THE CUBE in a slowing down spline manner...how would we do that?

we will be using this soundtrack: http://www.soundtraxxmusic.com/All_In_One.zip

http://www.soundtraxxmusic.com/cube001.jpg

:newtek::newtek::newtek:GO!

pinkmouse
11-02-2018, 12:12 PM
...to slightly rotate THE CUBE in a slowing down spline manner...

Do what? :)

Shawn Farrell
11-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Man I need some lscript help... I think I want "THE CUBE.Rotation.H = THE CUBE.Rotation.H + Value" for the expression of the Audio wav volume on THE CUBE's heading...but I lack the syntax knowledge...PLEASE HELP!

HTTP://WWW.SOUNDTRAXXMUSIC.COM/cube002.jpg

:newtek:?:newtek:

:p

- - - Updated - - -

Do what? :)

You Know Spliney Movements...cool.

Shawn Farrell
11-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Man I need some lscript help... I think I want "THE CUBE.Rotation.H = THE CUBE.Rotation.H + Value for the expression of the Audio wav volume on THE CUBE's heading...but I lack the syntax knowledge...PLEASE HELP!

HTTP://WWW.SOUNDTRAXXMUSIC.COM/thecube002.jpg

XswampyX
11-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Man I need some lscript help... I think I want "THE CUBE.Rotation.H = THE CUBE.Rotation.H + Value for the expression of the Audio wav volume on THE CUBE's heading...but I lack the syntax knowledge...PLEASE HELP!

HTTP://WWW.SOUNDTRAXXMUSIC.COM/thecube002.jpg

Try Bullet...

Shawn Farrell
11-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Oh man I have LightWave 11.5 won't load...Aaaargh THANK YOU!

XswampyX
11-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Oh man I have LightWave 11.5 won't load...Aaaargh THANK YOU!

This one?

Shawn Farrell
11-02-2018, 06:33 PM
Thank You again, further but LightWave says I'm missing NODEs alot of them? By the way you can use that song Royalty-Free for LIFE in any way you choose and that goes for everyone in this thread...

XswampyX
11-02-2018, 06:44 PM
Thank You again, further but LightWave says I'm missing NODEs alot of them? By the way you can use that song Royalty-Free for LIFE in any way you choose and that goes for everyone in this thread...

Well, thank you! :)

Shawn Farrell
11-02-2018, 07:27 PM
figuring out these NODEs here...No Plugin NodeHandler found with name Input failed to load NodeHandler Principled BSDF???

MonroePoteet
11-03-2018, 08:48 AM
The missing Principled BSDF nodes are only for Surfacing so don't affect the Bullet animation. However, the Bullet animation doesn't back-port either (not too suprising).

XswampyX's implementation sets up the Cube as a Bullet Rigid body (moveable), the Ground plane as Static (unmoveable), and a Null as a Bullet Vortex force. He basically controls the Vortex's Density with the Audio Channel modifier through the Y channel of a couple of Nulls using Texture=>Procedural=>Node Editor node networks, which as far as I can tell are mostly to allow numerical manipulation of the Audio Channel, such as getting its absolute value (abs() function).

XswampyS's basic idea (if I understand it correctly!) is to control a Force (e.g. old school WindFX or a Bullet Force) with the absolute value of the Audio Channel.

mTp

Shawn Farrell
11-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Thank you guys very much I have to build up my knowledge of objects and expressions...I'm not giving up thanks for info!

XswampyX
11-03-2018, 02:34 PM
The missing Principled BSDF nodes are only for Surfacing so don't affect the Bullet animation. However, the Bullet animation doesn't back-port either (not too suprising).

XswampyX's implementation sets up the Cube as a Bullet Rigid body (moveable), the Ground plane as Static (unmoveable), and a Null as a Bullet Vortex force. He basically controls the Vortex's Density with the Audio Channel modifier through the Y channel of a couple of Nulls using Texture=>Procedural=>Node Editor node networks, which as far as I can tell are mostly to allow numerical manipulation of the Audio Channel, such as getting its absolute value (abs() function).

XswampyS's basic idea (if I understand it correctly!) is to control a Force (e.g. old school WindFX or a Bullet Force) with the absolute value of the Audio Channel.

mTp

That's it! :i_agree:

MonroePoteet
11-03-2018, 05:52 PM
That's it! :i_agree:

YAY! Got one right! :)

mTp

Shawn Farrell
11-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Not quite what I set out to do...syntaxx of bad formula...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWLUuKqa5Jw&feature=youtu.be