PDA

View Full Version : Improvements needed

thiyaguthree
11-01-2018, 06:02 AM
I feel the following needs to be improved in the upcoming version.

Layout:

1.Undo of doing parent and unparent a null or object.

2.While marking a centre null on an object invloving a rectangle type or circular type... scene should have the capability of placing null automatically
while picking at the uniform object instead of shifting between modeler and scene.

3.while removing an object from scene by mistake..that contains complicated graph and dynamics. it should be get back by doing undo. doesnt mean possible in other software but my workflow like that..dealing with bulk of detaield objects

4.The timeline graph curve style should be unique to camera, lights and objects or bones. because it is not always i want to keep linear curve or bezier curve or spline curve as default. sometime camera needs Bezier curve....Object need linear curve..so everytime we have to check and change once for object some times mess up or forgot change the curve type settings so we have to look back and forth for cam. object curve settings

5.There should be warning dialog box for hypervoxel if I set the particle size
as 1m instead of 1mm. Like "Heavy particle size may crash scene, Do you want to continue" like that..this is just funny but many times my scene crashes, Yes I was not aware at that particular time.

6.Still struggling with fluid animation. Not like RealFlow but team should think about Fluid dynamics inbuilt with lightwave. Not always particle and hypervoxel as substitute for liquids.

Modeler:

1.Please try to Show number of undo and redo activities in the same modeler in the active layer.
Its like puzzle afer making number of modification on an object, trying to find which one has changed by mistake.
Say for example if I have opened multiple objects 1, 2, 3 or 4 in same modeler window and modifying back to back models, undo is not possible to see as live action.there the game starts to find out where it is happening..

jwiede
11-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Layout:

1.Undo of doing parent and unparent a null or object.

2.While marking a centre null on an object invloving a rectangle type or circular type... scene should have the capability of placing null automatically
while picking at the uniform object instead of shifting between modeler and scene.

3.while removing an object from scene by mistake..that contains complicated graph and dynamics. it should be get back by doing undo. doesnt mean possible in other software but my workflow like that..dealing with bulk of detaield objects

People have been begging Newtek for "undo/redo" or history support in Layout for literally decades to no avail. Good luck with that.

BTW, you do know this isn't the right place for filing feature requests, yes? They should be filed in your account at https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/submit/ or using the feedback app in your LW2018 install. Posting in these forums is not a valid substitute for a proper bug report or feature request. It's fine if you want to discuss with other users whether a issue exists, but the issue itself should be properly filed as a bug/f-req.

4.The timeline graph curve style should be unique to camera, lights and objects or bones. because it is not always i want to keep linear curve or bezier curve or spline curve as default. sometime camera needs Bezier curve....Object need linear curve..so everytime we have to check and change once for object some times mess up or forgot change the curve type settings so we have to look back and forth for cam. object curve settings

Not quite sure what you're requesting here, but if you're requesting ability to set _default_ curve-type for cameras/lights/objects/bones independent of the overall default, that's a good idea, but again should be filed as cited above.

as 1m instead of 1mm. Like "Heavy particle size may crash scene, Do you want to continue" like that..this is just funny but many times my scene crashes, Yes I was not aware at that particular time.

That may seem like an easy determination, but depends very highly on the customers' system configurations as to when resources are exhausted. However, there's no legitimate excuse for LW crashing, period, so you should file a bug detailing the circumstances and reproduction steps, etc. (at site or app mentioned above).

prometheus
11-01-2018, 01:42 PM

Layout:

This is scene/camera dependent, I wouldn´t want those warnings if I am working on larger scale scenes, and having the camera a certain distance away.

Make sure you know your scene size and what scales you are working on, it is also dependent on wether you use particles ..and a lot of particles, or a simple null item...where the latter doesn´t impose a a problem with 1m scale that much.
In HV Geometry tab, make sure to check show particles, that will give you an idea on how large the size will be in relation to particles or added null items.

jwiede
11-01-2018, 02:22 PM
This is scene/camera dependent, I wouldn´t want those warnings if I am working on larger scale scenes, and having the camera a certain distance away.

Make sure you know your scene size and what scales you are working on, it is also dependent on wether you use particles ..and a lot of particles, or a simple null item...where the latter doesn´t impose a a problem with 1m scale that much.
In HV Geometry tab, make sure to check show particles, that will give you an idea on how large the size will be in relation to particles or added null items.

I agree the warning is too workflow-dependent to be useful, but the reason for requesting the warning was due to a subsequent crash, and that shouldn't happen. The real answer is to fix the crash, not add a warning about a potential crash.

thiyaguthree
11-02-2018, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=jwiede;1557587]People have been begging Newtek for "undo/redo" or
BTW, you do know this isn't the right place for filing feature requests, yes? "

Yes. I am sorry. May be I would ve posted in some other area. Well. I already sent these requests, but they said tat " "hope ll be in next version.." think 3 or 4 years back..

thiyaguthree
11-02-2018, 05:44 AM
Thanks. Here particles unlimited and complicated sometimes...Anyhow by common sense we shall avoid those mistakes. Maybe im the one doing like that..��

jwiede
11-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Thanks. Here particles unlimited and complicated sometimes...Anyhow by common sense we shall avoid those mistakes. Maybe im the one doing like that..��

Well, they need to fix the crash regardless, so that's worth filing as a bug if you can reliably reproduce the crash when switching from 1mm -> 1m.