PDA

View Full Version : Surface Artifacts Issue

ckeyes888
10-31-2018, 03:12 PM
Hoping there’s a fix for this issue. I keep getting the odd artifacts, as shown in the attached image,
when rendering a surface that has any roughness or bump to it. It’s the light pixels around the logo.
I’ve tried a number of setting changes but nothing is working.

Any ideas how to get it to render normally?

Thanks,

Carl

dlvphoto
10-31-2018, 04:37 PM
I need a bit more information about your scene and surface setup. Lightwave 2018? PBSDF material type? Are you using distant lights?

All of this matters as any of those can contribute to the hot-pixels you're seeing; especially distant lights. I've seen normal maps with mipmapping and pixel blending turned on do some wierd things as well.

I'd love to help, but i need you to give me a bit more information about your surface and scene setup?

ckeyes888
10-31-2018, 04:51 PM
Turns out it wasn’t the surface itself that was the problem. I had some reflection set on the sides of the logo
that was apparently causing the artifacts. I just removed the reflection and it renders fine.

Carl

RPSchmidt
11-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Alternatively, if you wanted to keep the reflection on the sides of the logo, you could bump up your reflection samples. That should get rid of the hot spots.

BeeVee
11-02-2018, 04:26 AM
I would go further back - check your modelling - some of that looks like stray 2-point polys in the object(s).

B