PDA

View Full Version : Mix 1 Mix 2, etc

jroller
10-30-2018, 11:03 AM
High school teacher here who happens to run our school's video board for football games. Trying to wrap my head around our new 460. Last 5 years was on a 350. Love this new machine, but still learning. I understand I can, I believe, select to stream a different mix than that which I send to the board via Hardware Configuration/Output and changing the Video to say Mix 2. That said, I have no idea how/where to configure Mix 2 (or any other Mix for that matter).

I would like to stream everything that I am sending to the board with a simple overlay of a dedicated camera focused on the time clock. Is this possible and am I on the right track? TIA

SBowie
10-30-2018, 11:23 AM
The output configuration options are accessed by either clicking the little 'gear' beneath the Program monitor, or just double-clicking said monitor.

You should be able to add your clock shot to a KEY layer in an M/E and assign it to, say, MIX 2, then assign that as the source for your Stream in that dialog (assuming I understood you correctly).

jroller
10-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Thanks, Steve. I believe you did understand correctly, but the part I am having trouble with is HOW to assign it to say Mix 2.

In addition, I don't see how to do this: Assign to Mix 2 the live production output (including any and all camera angles I am sending to the board live) along with the live shot of the clock.

So I guess question one is how do you assign Mixes and question 2 is how do you tell a specific mix to include live output plus the clock overlay.

Pardon my ignorance. I did watch a number of tutorial videos and specifically searched for assigning mixes in Advanced Edition, but no luck. Thanks.

SBowie
10-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Pardon my ignorance. I did watch a number of tutorial videos and specifically searched for assigning mixes in Advanced Edition, but no luck. Thanks.No problem. Are you actually running a 460 with Advanced Edition? Or is it a Standard Edition system?

jroller
10-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Advanced Edition...but your question makes me question myself. Why? Is that uncommon? 99.9% sure it's AE, which, by the way, is SOOOOO much nicer than whatever I was running on the TC350 that was sitting on top of Windows XP! (Yes, XP)

JPulera
10-31-2018, 07:59 AM
AE used to be a paid upgrade, but more recently has been shipping as "standard equipment" on all new TriCasters. Users of "current" hardware models bought before AE became the standard can still purchase the AE upgrade.

Put the mouse at bottom of PROGRAM window and click the gear that pops up. You will then see Output Configuration, and MIX1, MIX2, MIX3, MIX4. To the right of each, there is a drop-down menu that allows you to select practically any source on the machine as the source for each MIX. So for MIX2, you might select "M/E 1". In M/E 1, you would've set up your video with the clock overlay.

I should also mention that if you click on left of PROG/PREV rows on main switcher row, or left of A/B rows in an M/E, it will bring up color grouping. Using that, you could have the switcher in the M/E mimic/follow the switching from the Main switcher. Meaning whatever sources you are selecting on MAIN would also be selected in the M/E. The difference being, you might have the clock overlay applied in the M/E, and/or different branding/titles. So same video source content in M/E as in the Main switcher, but using different overlays to differentiate that programming from the Main output.

EDIT: In TriCaster LIVE interface, press ALT-B and it will display currently installed software version at top of screen. Version starting with a "2 -" is SE, and AE starts with "5 -".

Thanks

Jeff

jroller
11-01-2018, 07:47 AM
AE used to be a paid upgrade, but more recently has been shipping as "standard equipment" on all new TriCasters. Users of "current" hardware models bought before AE became the standard can still purchase the AE upgrade.

Put the mouse at bottom of PROGRAM window and click the gear that pops up. You will then see Output Configuration, and MIX1, MIX2, MIX3, MIX4. To the right of each, there is a drop-down menu that allows you to select practically any source on the machine as the source for each MIX. So for MIX2, you might select "M/E 1". In M/E 1, you would've set up your video with the clock overlay.

I should also mention that if you click on left of PROG/PREV rows on main switcher row, or left of A/B rows in an M/E, it will bring up color grouping. Using that, you could have the switcher in the M/E mimic/follow the switching from the Main switcher. Meaning whatever sources you are selecting on MAIN would also be selected in the M/E. The difference being, you might have the clock overlay applied in the M/E, and/or different branding/titles. So same video source content in M/E as in the Main switcher, but using different overlays to differentiate that programming from the Main output.

EDIT: In TriCaster LIVE interface, press ALT-B and it will display currently installed software version at top of screen. Version starting with a "2 -" is SE, and AE starts with "5 -".

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks. I will try this the next time I have an opportunity to get out there and report back.

SgScott
01-23-2019, 02:16 PM

This sounds close to my issue: We are recording to a file [Program] MIX1. Which is the live program including roll ins; but the audio is only the Left channel of the stream or full program, and the Right channel is Input 1. How do I change this?