PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic PTZ cameras dont move?

gfelton
10-29-2018, 08:59 PM
I was doing a update to 7.0 and TC1 sees my Panasonic PTZ cameras see the ip address but dont move. Do I need to pay for Premium to get this to work. Also 7.0 has a 1 to 2 sec delay when switching.

kanep
10-29-2018, 09:56 PM
I was doing a update to 7.0 and TC1 sees my Panasonic PTZ cameras see the ip address but dont move. Do I need to pay for Premium to get this to work. Also 7.0 has a 1 to 2 sec delay when switching.

PTZ control for any supported camera model is part of the standard software, you do not need Premium Access. I don't have a Panasonic camera to test, but it is still in the list of PTZ types. I'd contact support if you can't get it working.

I've not seen any delay in switching on my Rev 7.0 system, is there a series of steps that makes this happen that you can share?

gfelton
10-30-2018, 09:36 AM
PTZ control for any supported camera model is part of the standard software, you do not need Premium Access. I don't have a Panasonic camera to test, but it is still in the list of PTZ types. I'd contact support if you can't get it working.

I've not seen any delay in switching on my Rev 7.0 system, is there a series of steps that makes this happen that you can share?

We have (4) Panasonic HE50S, (1) HE40, and 3 NDI PZT Cameras, the Newtek cameras work great, I also updated the Switcher, so the delay is gone. The 7.0 looks and feels real good.

gfelton
10-31-2018, 11:04 AM
Version 6.+ all PZT Cameras work

SBowie
10-31-2018, 11:12 AM
Version 6.+ all PZT Cameras workI think from your posts that the cameras that are not responding are all Panasonic cameras that are not NDI enabled - is that correct? And have you configured the control connection protocol for those cameras? (TC defaults to the NDI control option, but you can manually select either Panasonic Ethernet or 422.)

gfelton
11-01-2018, 10:38 AM
I think from your posts that the cameras that are not responding are all Panasonic cameras that are not NDI enabled - is that correct? And have you configured the control connection protocol for those cameras? (TC defaults to the NDI control option, but you can manually select either Panasonic Ethernet or 422.)

Yes, they are all SDI, we been using the Cat 5 and Tricaster to Control the cameras with Panasonic Ethernet Ip Address. Updated all the cameras and TC1 to that last 6 Version and all cameras works. Had Newtek log in and couldn't get it to work with 7, went back to 6. Maybe the next update.

SBowie
11-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Maybe the next update.Well, not if they can't (or don't) replicate it. We've got a number of Panasonic cameras here that QA can test with, I'd suggest submitting a bug report with complete details.