PDA

View Full Version : TC1 - In built Skype IP question

sidbroadcast
10-29-2018, 08:05 AM
Hello,

When trying to connect to our TC1 via the Skype TX software on another PC it is unable to find the system. A user name and password has been created as per the guide and the inputs are ready

Does the IP address have to be on the same switch/tree as the Tricaster?

Thanks

JPulera
10-29-2018, 09:21 AM
"Does the IP address have to be on the same switch/tree as the Tricaster?"

Yes, both computers need to be on the same local network

Thanks

Jeff

kanep
10-29-2018, 09:41 AM
Also make sure you are using a recent version of Skype TX Controller to connect.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45887

hanovercarson
02-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Hi, I'm having the same problem. I installed the latest Skype TX Controller on a Windows 10 machine on the same network as our TC-1. I created a password on TC-1. When I put in the IP on Skype TX Control it sses Channel 1 & 2. I select either and it can't connect. Any help appreciated.

hanovercarson
02-12-2019, 09:56 AM
BTW, I have a Talkshow VS100 on the same network and can connect to TC-1 without issue through Skype TX Controller.

kanep
02-12-2019, 06:21 PM
What version of TC1 are you running?

hanovercarson
02-19-2019, 09:31 AM
As always, you are correct. Just updated to 190130 and all is right!!! Thank You Kane

YAL
02-22-2019, 06:55 AM
Hello there,

My question is regarding the TC1 Built-in Skype TX and how to have Screen Sharing from callers. I have asked the following in the Skype Community:

"Hello we have Newtek Skype TX and everything works great, except the ability to receive the screen sharing of any guest we call or receive a call from.

How can we have the guest share is screen?"

They replied to contact NewTek.

Can someone let me know how can we do this?

Thanks, Xavier V.

kanep
02-22-2019, 09:04 AM
This is how Skype TX operates. The video call is what is available as a full screen video, having secondary channels are not available.

YAL
02-22-2019, 01:24 PM
Hi Kanep,

Thanks for your reply.

What do you suggest we can tell "our" interviewees to do, when they need to share their presentations back with us? Do you have any workaround?

Skype TX should be easy for the remote end to join in such as Skype is. Are there any plans on moving forward with this?

Who's developing this, NewTek or Skype?

Thanks in advance. Regards, Xavier V.

kanep
02-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Hi Kanep,

Thanks for your reply.

What do you suggest we can tell "our" interviewees to do, when they need to share their presentations back with us? Do you have any workaround?

Skype TX should be easy for the remote end to join in such as Skype is. Are there any plans on moving forward with this?

Who's developing this, NewTek or Skype?

Thanks in advance. Regards, Xavier V.

Anything that is within the Skype call itself is handled by the Skype team at Microsoft. You aren't the first to ask for this, Microsoft would have to add it.