PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Flocking vs 2018 Flocking

mummyman
10-25-2018, 08:20 AM
This probably has been discussed... but I didn't search too much through the forums, but I'm trying to add multiple flocks with Raycast Geometry in 2015. One flock works, but adding a 2nd breaks the process of the first one. I tried reconnecting, cloning and nothing works. No agent node available either. In 2018 I think it's fixed, but I've only tried 2 flocks. But it worked. I guess my point is... I'm not fully using 2018 yet.. so wondering if there is a fix for 2015 that someone might know of. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Brett

edit: thank god I can save PFX's out of 2018. This might save me for now.. work in 2018... send to 2015.

MonroePoteet
10-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Yes, unfortunately Flocking doesn't implement something like the "FX Group" concept that classic FX Particle Emitters do, allowing for easy setup and control of *separate* groups of particles (or Flock Agents) and *separate* wind (or Flock Goals / Directors).

I tried multiple flocks in LW2018, but they still seem to interact / interfere with each other in a poor manner. I think your solution of saving out PFX may be best.

mTp

mummyman
10-26-2018, 08:03 AM
Thanks, mTp! Yes.. so far so good. I might have to work it that way. Can't hurt to ask! I'll be more into it next week as something else came up first. It's just an annoying process. My own fault for not diving into 2018 just yet. Thanks!

ianr
10-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Yes, unfortunately Flocking doesn't implement something like the "FX Group" concept that classic FX Particle Emitters do, allowing for easy setup and control of *separate* groups of particles (or Flock Agents) and *separate* wind (or Flock Goals / Directors).

I tried multiple flocks in LW2018, but they still seem to interact / interfere with each other in a poor manner. I think your solution of saving out PFX may be best.

mTp

Send in a short report to LW3dG ? It seems a tweak is needed, no bad big thing you never know?

mummyman
11-05-2018, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way, inside Flocking... to save all the PFX's into one file if they are multi-selected? Doesn't want to work. Only saves 1 at a time. Wish it worked like FXemitter's 'Save All Selected Motions' bummer.