PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxel detection collision

Obi
10-19-2018, 11:03 AM
Hello,

I can't get a collision between a 3d object passing through a "hypervoxel" representing a somke, I have a yellow error message.
for there to be a collision, should I use'Particle Emitter' because my somke is not in motion.

regards

MonroePoteet
10-19-2018, 04:22 PM
Hypervoxels don't have any geometry for collision detection, so to move the HVs you'd need to move the points of the object producing the HVs.

A sample scene is attached which generates HVs from a PointCloud generated in Modeler with Random Points. In Layout, the PointCloud has ClothFX applied to allow it to be affected by other FX subsystems, and a Ball is set up as as Drag-type Wind:

143150 Set up PointCloud with ClothFX

143151 Set up Ball with Wind, drag-type, press Calculate to run the simulation

The result is that the points of the PointCloud are dragged along with the Ball as it passes through the cloud, and the generated HVs follow along. The HVs were stretched in X, and the Smoky2 texture on the HVs Luminosity, Opacity and Density were moved in X to flow to the right before the Ball passes through and to the left afterwards.

Here's a Camera-view Preview showing the Wind and the resulting effects on the ClothFX PointCloud:

Preview: 143157

and here are screen shots and a MOV file showing the effect:

143152 143153

143154 143155

MOV file: 143158

As I said, this is just a sample scene but the method might help you get the effect you want.

Good luck!

mTp

peebeearr
10-20-2018, 08:38 AM
Hypervoxels don't have any geometry for collision detection, so to move the HVs you'd need to move the points of the object producing the HVs.

A sample scene is attached which generates HVs from a PointCloud generated in Modeler with Random Points. In Layout, the PointCloud has ClothFX applied to allow it to be affected by other FX subsystems, and a Ball is set up as as Drag-type Wind:

143150 Set up PointCloud with ClothFX

143151 Set up Ball with Wind, drag-type, press Calculate to run the simulation

The result is that the points of the PointCloud are dragged along with the Ball as it passes through the cloud, and the generated HVs follow along. The HVs were stretched in X, and the Smoky2 texture on the HVs Luminosity, Opacity and Density were moved in X to flow to the right before the Ball passes through and to the left afterwards.

Here's a Camera-view Preview showing the Wind and the resulting effects on the ClothFX PointCloud:

Preview: 143157

and here are screen shots and a MOV file showing the effect:

143152 143153

143154 143155

MOV file: 143158

As I said, this is just a sample scene but the method might help you get the effect you want.

Good luck!

mTp

I did something similar many years ago. However, I added rotating votexes behind the moving collision object to simulate the swirling behind the moving object as it passes through. It worked really well!

Obi
10-21-2018, 10:21 AM
thank you MonroePoteet, i work it

MonroePoteet
10-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Have fun getting the effect you want! As peebeearr said, there are many, MANY options for using Wind FX to move the ClothFX points (or Particles if you choose to go that way). It's worth experimenting with the various types of Wind to see what they can do - as peebeearr indicated, parenting a number of Turbulence type Winds to the main geometry object (as either hidden geometry or Nulls) can provide a more complex pattern.

Attached is a scene file I constructed years ago to demonstrate the various Wind types in a simple scenario. This just shows the basic effect each wind type has, but remember that you can move, rotate or scale the Wind object(s) and change their Radius and Power over the animation to make very complex interactions.

mTp

next_n00b
10-22-2018, 02:18 AM
What a nice presentation of wind, thanks!

Obi
10-23-2018, 09:23 AM
nice MonroePoteet

Obi
10-27-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm really not good ..
the point cloud modeling in 'modeling' is not visualized in the rendering ... and there is no collision with the sphere that passes through the cloud. I look for..:confused:

MonroePoteet
10-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Points have no dimensions, so they are not rendered in Layout. In order to see one point or the points in a Point cloud, you either have to create 1-point polygons in Modeler for each point (Create=>Polygons=>Make 1-point Polygons), or you need to use Hypervoxels (FX Tools=>Hypervoxels) to make them visible as a Surface, Volume or Sprite. The previous scene I posted uses Hypervoxels in Sprite mode to make a sort of fog-like effect.

RE: "collision with the sphere", if you have FX Wind assigned to the sphere in Drag mode, and the Point Cloud is setup with ClothFX, and then move the Sphere through the ClothFX point cloud, it should affect the points in the cloud. Using Wind, you don't need to have Collision Detection enabled in ClothFX, but the Cloth has to have a non-zero Resistance.

If you want the Sphere to act as a "hard body" and actually *hit* the points of the Point Cloud, don't use Wind but use FX Collision.

Good luck!
mTp

Obi
10-28-2018, 12:57 PM
thanks again Monroe

Obi
11-22-2018, 12:45 PM
hello

I'm sorry .. I'm coming back ..
everything works corectly, except that I do not see the particles in rendering, I change the particle size but nothing. :confused:

peebeearr
11-22-2018, 06:09 PM
hello

I'm sorry .. I'm coming back ..
everything works corectly, except that I do not see the particles in rendering, I change the particle size but nothing. :confused:

Maybe a silly remark but do you have 'Use Legacy Volumetric' enabled in the Render Properties - Volumetrics tab?

Obi
11-23-2018, 01:55 AM
hello peebeearr,

Enable volumetric actived (render properties).
tab volumetric=> 'use legacy volumetric' to be sure I check tonight

Thank's

Obi
11-23-2018, 09:04 AM
uh .... yes 'use legacy volumetric' was not a coach, well ... :rolleyes: :foreheads I quietly go back to making noise ;D

Obi
11-26-2018, 10:34 PM
a small problem .. during the calculation of the rebound of the sphere on the particles, the particles dissociates from the points, so the points move but not the particles that I have to affect the points, if I transform my points into an object that will solve the problem?

Obi
11-27-2018, 08:48 AM
I copy the same parameters of the file of MonroePoteetles, the properties of point of cloud is identical. But my points become detached from the particles during the collision with the sphere, the point cloud moves without the particles.
I'm looking for detail .. it says that the devil is hiding in the details:devil:

If you have any ideas...

MonroePoteet
11-27-2018, 11:56 AM
It sounds like you are using an Emitter to generate Particles from the point cloud. This isn't necessary, just enable Hypervoxels on the point cloud itself as I did in the sample scene.

The Particles from an Emitter are generated at some point in time, but will not follow the point from which they are generated except as a percentage of the "Parent Motion" (on the Emitter's etc tab). If the generating point isn't moving, the particles won't move by themselves except under the influence of Wind, Gravity, Collision, etc.

mTp

Obi
11-27-2018, 01:23 PM
not emitter
and we see well of shift after the passage of sphere between the cloud of point and the particles.

MonroePoteet
11-28-2018, 07:55 AM
I notice you're running LW2018, so it's probably that your Hypervoxels are applied before the ClothFX in the Modifier Stack. Drag the HV Particles modifier to after the ClothFX and see if it fixes the issue:

I've attached the scene I posted earlier having been converted to LW2018 if you want to try that, which acts as expected.

mTp

Obi
11-28-2018, 12:53 PM
congratulation it was exactly here :rock:
I thought of this idea of hierarchy in 'fx' but I do not find this logical.

thank you MonroePoteet, thank you ,thank you ,thank you ,thank you ,thank you :D

MonroePoteet
11-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Glad it worked for you!

mTp