PDA

View Full Version : Audio Codecs from Tricaster not supported by Premiere when attempting to edit proxies

Mriley19
10-18-2018, 10:59 AM
One of our editors gets an error message when he attempts to edit with proxies using footage recorded on the Tricaster. The audio codecs are not supported. What codecs can be downloaded, or what changes can we make on the Tricaster, in order to fix this?

kanep
10-18-2018, 04:59 PM
One of our editors gets an error message when he attempts to edit with proxies using footage recorded on the Tricaster. The audio codecs are not supported. What codecs can be downloaded, or what changes can we make on the Tricaster, in order to fix this?

I just tried this on Premiere v13 (2019) on Windows. I did see a pop up about audio, but it went away and all of my video/audio did create proxies and I can see and hear it when I switch between full res and proxy quality in Premeire.

The audio in TriCaster is PCM uncompressed 24-bit, 48000Hz, there is no compression in it. I can't understand why Premiere would have any problems with it, you can't get any more 'generic' of an audio format.

What version of TriCaster and Premiere are you using?

Is a proxy workflow really even needed when working with HD material? That sounds like a lot more processing upfront for little benefit, looking at the default proxy encode quality, my proxy files where only compressed at best 33% (most were less than that).

Mriley19
10-19-2018, 12:56 PM
Is a proxy workflow really even needed when working with HD material? That sounds like a lot more processing upfront for little benefit, looking at the default proxy encode quality, my proxy files where only compressed at best 33% (most were less than that).

Gonna be perfectly honest here I have no idea. I setup projectors, projection mapping, cable routes, displays etc. He said he was getting this error and it was causing his workflow to be delayed considerably when he had to do a workaround solution. I'll have him screenshot the messages.

We use Premier Pro CC. The Tricaster version I can't say at the moment, we actually just sent our TC 460 and 860 back to San Antonio for maintenance on the drive bays. When they ship back I can give you an answer there.