PDA

View Full Version : Syflex Group buy-in is active!

djlithium
10-17-2018, 05:38 PM
In case you missed our newsletter last week, here is the info again on how to get in on the Group buy-in for SyFlex. We are already well on our way to meeting the max discount amount!
http://www.liberty3d.com/2018/10/syflex-group-buy-in/
Follow the instructions and say you are in (by following the instructions)!

happy times and fast cloth dynamics!

jwiede
10-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Well, I already have my license, so can't help with the buy-in, but I _highly_ recommend Syflex for cloth (have it for both LW & Modo)!

I'm told it's also great for certain hair dynamics setups in LW. I haven't tried personally, but trust the friend who made that recommendation.

djlithium
10-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Well, I already have my license, so can't help with the buy-in, but I _highly_ recommend Syflex for cloth (have it for both LW & Modo)!

I'm told it's also great for certain hair dynamics setups in LW. I haven't tried personally, but trust the friend who made that recommendation.

I've done some hair sims in Syflex actually and it works very well.

jasonwestmas
10-17-2018, 07:56 PM
yup, syflex is the soft body deformer everyone should have. Does a lot of nice effects.

TheLexx
10-18-2018, 02:03 AM
The website is a bit thin on tutorials. I know Ryan has a course, though any other resources would be very welcome (esp hair).

Is it possible to use Syflex as a replacement for Marvelous Designer ?

jasonwestmas
10-18-2018, 12:35 PM
The website is a bit thin on tutorials. I know Ryan has a course, though any other resources would be very welcome (esp hair).

Is it possible to use Syflex as a replacement for Marvelous Designer ?

For dynamics stuff sure. MarvelousD is actually a cloth pattern modeler too though.

TheLexx
10-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Many thanks. I was thinking of this example from Syflex for Cinema 4D (though I understand Syflex for LW now also has sewing forces) which piqued my interest.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDbrgSn7cq/

Also Jason, bit off topic, but do you still use Messiah Studio ?

:)

Cageman
10-18-2018, 03:06 PM
I'm in... just sent an email! :)

jasonwestmas
10-18-2018, 06:04 PM
Many thanks. I was thinking of this example from Syflex for Cinema 4D (though I understand Syflex for LW now also has sewing forces) which piqued my interest.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDbrgSn7cq/

Also Jason, bit off topic, but do you still use Messiah Studio ?

:)

I used too because a few others I worked with did but then they all moved on after the setup tab crash and so did I. I can't upload videos because I'm on satellite at the moment and it would eat up all my data. It's still one of the best animation apps. . .especially if you don't want to spend the bucks.

lertola2
10-18-2018, 08:59 PM
I can't find anything that states the system requirements for Syflex. Will it work on a Mac?

jasonwestmas
10-18-2018, 10:16 PM
https://www.syflex.biz/buy.html

OFF
10-19-2018, 02:59 AM
I bought three weeks ago. Compared to MD, it works slower and does not work well on high-poly objects. I really hope that Syflex will developed to GPU calculations, or at least to multiprocessing (of my 48 hyperthreads, only 14 percent of the capacity works).
P.S. Very inconvenient cache saving system.

CaptainMarlowe
10-19-2018, 05:19 AM
I can't find anything that states the system requirements for Syflex. Will it work on a Mac?

Yep. I'm using it all the time, for cloth and sometimes hair.

Schwyhart
10-19-2018, 08:32 AM
What's the current cost if everyone commits?

TheLexx
10-19-2018, 08:40 AM

Depends on the final number of people committing. Kat is hoping to get down to $100 if possible, but can't promise that for sure.

peebeearr
10-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Can it do the quality of Max in draping cloths onto couches or blankets onto beds, make nice pillows sitting on couches etc?

Because that's what I'm looking for for architectural interiors.

It seems Blender is not too bad at doing that.... But I'd like to stick with LW of course.

erikals
10-20-2018, 01:27 PM
I bought three weeks ago. Compared to MD, it works slower and does not work well on high-poly objects.
hi OFF,
how high-poly?

did test runs some time back, and i actually had to uprez to make it work nicely.

i'd just buy it anyway. for LightWave, it used to cost something like $2200
(not a fair price, hence limitations, but never the less, that was the price, way back, 2008)

hrgiger
10-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Can it do the quality of Max in draping cloths onto couches or blankets onto beds, make nice pillows sitting on couches etc?

Because that's what I'm looking for for architectural interiors.

It seems Blender is not too bad at doing that.... But I'd like to stick with LW of course.

For those uses, I would recommend Marvelous Designer, its amazing for that type of work.

OFF
10-21-2018, 02:22 AM
hi OFF,
how high-poly?

did test runs some time back, and i actually had to uprez to make it work nicely.

Here is an example with a mid-poly character (12000 polys) and low-poly clothing. Pretty far from realtime playback. With more detailed clothing (one tume Shift-D) calculation goes twice slower.
btw - excuse for audio, just old sound experiments )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetCn--AJA8

erikals
10-21-2018, 03:26 AM
Pretty far from realtime playback
yes, Syflex is by no means realtime.
remember to use a lowres proxy collision object, simulation will be much faster.

OFF
10-21-2018, 03:32 AM
Yes, of course, proxy objects help.

Hail
10-21-2018, 03:52 AM
For those uses, I would recommend Marvelous Designer, its amazing for that type of work.

Yeah for only 10k a license.
Sorry but I refuse to play that rich fool.

erikals
10-21-2018, 04:02 AM
Hail, Marvelous Designer is $500
----------------------------

OFF, you could try upping the Mass Density
for example >

Mass Density 100
Stiffness 5.0
Damping 0.1
Stretching 100.0
Shearing 100.0
Banding 10.0

i'm no expert on Syflex though...
from tests i made i got faster calculation with Bullet, however, if i recall correct, Syflex produced much less jitter

as for Marvelous Designer, for jackets it seems to avoid jitter by using a mode that stiffens areas.
not perfect, but probably best method so far, if you are ok with going back forth between MD<>LW + $500
MD vs Syflex > both have their use.

OFF
10-21-2018, 05:07 AM
Thanks, Erikals, i will try.
P.S. Yes it much faster now!

hrgiger
10-21-2018, 07:47 AM
Yeah for only 10k a license.
Sorry but I refuse to play that rich fool.

Its only $490. And 30% off on Black Friday. Which puts it a lot closer to what you would pay for a regular syflex license.

djlithium
10-22-2018, 04:42 AM
Yes it can. Syflex is the best cloth system out there for many of the top apps including LightWave3D.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so some good news on top of other good news this week.
Our SyFlex for LW group buy-in has nearly reached "max discount" level. We still have 7 days left to go! So that means if you say you are in, you will be the person who kicks it over into max discount and everyone else gets to enjoy the same who has said "I'm in!".
The regular retail price of Syflex is 200 dollars, so think about it. You will be getting the best cloth simulation system out there for many applications including LightWave3D and encouraging more active development for LightWave3D by the developer of Syflex who is a very cool kat.

If you want in, here is what you do.
1. Email [email protected]
2. Include your first and last name.
3. Include your LW product lock ID (no crack numbers. We check). Also include your preferred email address for registration in the Syflex system.
4. Have the money on hand Sept. 29th at 12:01AM as I will be closing off the "I'm in window" and changing to "pay in" for 24 hours.
Once everyone has paid in during that 24 hour period, I will complete the group buy-in and hand the data off to Gerald who will send you your keys and registration details via the email you provide.

Liberty3d.com has now done several of these group buy-ins in support of the 3rd party developers who support LightWave3D and the users who support both them and the development efforts of the LWG and 3rd party coders who make LW sing.

If you need more information, go here. http://www.liberty3d.com/2018/10/syflex-group-buy-in/ cheers and happy times!

Kat

Lito
10-22-2018, 08:56 AM
4. Have the money on hand Sept. 29th at 12:01AM as I will be closing off the "I'm in window" and changing to "pay in" for 24 hours.
Kat

I think you mean Oct 29th or I missed it ;)

djlithium
10-27-2018, 09:36 PM
I think you mean Oct 29th or I missed it ;)

Yes yes!
And indeed! LAST CALL!
Anyone who wants in, needs to do so and be quick about saying so.
Go here for instructions.