PDA

View Full Version : Xfrog plants are bit to transparent, to many polys?

Ron Schatz
10-17-2018, 11:45 AM
In the rendering, the bushes are bleeding through the whole scene, burning a hole to the background. The trees are not, but reviewing the surfaces, they show the same setting.
too many polys? I have place a Hot color sky to show the bleed.

I going to 2d clips in PS soon.

Thanks

RPSchmidt
10-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Very odd.

Is this a render of your actual scene and you used a hot pink background color? Or is this a PNG32 taken into PS with a color background layer added?

If it is a straight render, have you checked the reflection setting on the leaves that are having the issue? Perhaps they just have a high reflectivity, which is why you are getting the background reflected so heavily.

Kryslin
10-17-2018, 02:12 PM
Are you using clips maps on the leaves? This looks like you're using them as supplied by xfrog, which runs into ray recursion problems... which will return the backdrop color. If you use clip maps on the leaves, you can do away with many of these issues. You can take the leave's supplied transparency map, invert the colors, and use it as a clip map.

SteveH
10-17-2018, 02:31 PM
And if you just cut the settings from transparency - and paste them to clip map - and REMOVE the transparency completely - it will render much faster!

Oldcode
10-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Cool! I've have this problem with Poser figures with things like eye lashes that user a transparency map. I'm going to try the clip map idea and see.

Thanks, :D