PDA

View Full Version : Ndi

jkerry211
10-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Just wondering, I see a lot of people taling about their NDI on TC. Are we to install it on the TC also, or is it already installed. We have a 460AE with the latest updates.

JPulera
10-11-2018, 03:19 PM
NDI is built-in, although *I think* that if you want to receive NDI|HX from the PTZ1 camera or Connect Spark, then you need to install the NDI|HX codec from website onto TriCaster. Regular NDI works without that install.

For testing purposes, run the free NDI Scan Converter on a Windows 8 or 10 PC on same network as TC, or use NDI Test Patterns. Or both. They should show up under Input Configure options on TC (right-click any button on Program Row). NDI is FUN, try it out!

Also, your TC460AE is going to automatically output several channels of NDI! Any connected camera input 1-4 is instantly available across the network as an NDI source, and output MIX 1-4 are also available. Run the free NDI Studio Monitor software on a PC and you ought to be able to see the Program output of TriCaster full-quality, full-screen, as well as any other NDI source from the 460.

Download free NDI TOOLS for PC or Mac on this page - https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/

Thanks

Jeff

SBowie
10-12-2018, 08:03 AM
NDI is built-in, although *I think* that if you want to receive NDI|HX from the PTZ1 camera or Connect Spark, then you need to install the NDI|HX codec from website onto TriCaster. Regular NDI works without that install.While this was true at one time, I believe that the HX driver has been installed with TC updates for some time now ... could be wrong, but easily tested.