PDA

View Full Version : Best Audio Mixers to Use With Tricaster Mini?

deezul
09-28-2018, 11:00 AM
Hey guys,

Need a solid mixer, ideally compact in size, that can take in 2 mic sources and be compatible with the Tricaster Mini.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm looking at the Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Ultra-Compact Mixer (https://fusioncine.com/rentals/pro-audio/mackie-802vlz4-8-channel-ultra-compact-mixer) right now and would likely run a couple hand held wireless mics into them, probably the Sennheiser AVX- 835 handheld mics.

Thoughts on this set up ?

Will be live streaming a gaming event.

jcupp
09-29-2018, 12:58 PM
Mackie mixers rock. I've used piles of them for years and they are rock solid. My original Mackie line mixer (circa 1990) still works like new.

m4a2000
09-29-2018, 06:24 PM
I would just add that the only reason we got rid of 4 Mackie Mixers this summer was due to how banged up they were due to student use and 20+ years of use. They can last and work like a charm. Personally we use a 1402ZLV4 for our studio Mini and another for our mobile Mini.

deezul
10-01-2018, 10:33 AM
I would just add that the only reason we got rid of 4 Mackie Mixers this summer was due to how banged up they were due to student use and 20+ years of use. They can last and work like a charm. Personally we use a 1402ZLV4 for our studio Mini and another for our mobile Mini.

Thanks for the reply! funny thing is after I posted this, I was talking with our IT department and they actually have an old 1402 collecting dust in the storage closet, so I took that and hooked it up and it runs like a charm!