PDA

View Full Version : Weight mapping request

Revanto
12-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi, I just joined this group today and thought I'd post up my thoughts for a better Lightwave.

This post (The first of many to come) concerns weight mapping. I don't like using vertex paint because I like using the modeller interface to do my weight mapping. One of the things I would like to see is a way to paint weightmaps so that if you are going to use weightmaps only and normalization, that they automatically balance with the other weightmaps to a value of 100%. This would be a selectable option, of course.

Secondly, we should be able to have a colour scale (maybe like a gradient) so that we can choose the colour or vertex for that value. So instead of having the blue/red fade and guessing weight map values, you are able to assign your own colours at any range you wish. It makes it easier to identify the exact values.

Thirdly, you should be able to switch weight map shading modes so you can see full weight maps at different colours. EG just say that I'm weightmapping a thigh and the weightmap is red. The adjoining weightmaps should be different colours so you can see what effects what.

If you could label the above two options, I would call them 'view weight map groups' and 'view weightmap values'.

Finally (I'm pretty sure it is), a popup with the ability to select points of specific values. There can be a slider bar for quick selection of one value and a text field if you want to select multiple values in one go.

Well, that's all for now. Expect some more ideas soon.

Revanto

PS: I forgot to add: to get the blank weightmaps when starting to paint them, you would select the skelegons that would have weightmaps then have a option which you click to create those weightmaps but with no values. You can do this now but it requires a bit of a work around.

Karmacop
12-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Alot of this sounds good. You can see up to 4 weight maps in lightwave currently by using the weight map window.