PDA

View Full Version : applying

Rizwan
09-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Hi

I am trying out the trial version of LightWave 2018.0.6. I have this box I made with the Box Tool in LightWave Modeler. I have downloaded this image of bricks from the internet. And now I want to use that image of bricks on my model. I was able to get the image of the bricks in to the Image Editor. How do I apply the image to my model? Help. appreciated.

Rizwan

Tim Parsons
09-04-2018, 06:54 AM
Easiest would be to open up the surface editor and select your default surface and change the material to standard. Once the material is changed to standard press the "T" button on the color channel which will bring up another panel. In that panel select your image and your projection method (cubic would work fine) and go from there. BTW - Standard is not the best material type to use, but it's the only material where you get the simple "T" buttons to work with. Once you get it the way you want it you can always right click in the surface name and "Convert-layered to principal nodes". That will automatically build a node tree and you can then get your feet wet with nodes. Good luck.