PDA

View Full Version : Instance refresh speed

Boris Goreta
09-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Is it possible to tell LW not to refresh instance distribution for every frame ? Usually I have instances distributed as a static scenery so they don't need to be updated when scrubbing or playing the scene.

jwiede
09-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Is it possible to tell LW not to refresh instance distribution for every frame ? Usually I have instances distributed as a static scenery so they don't need to be updated when scrubbing or playing the scene.

That'd be a good feature request: The ability to set whether instance distribution is dynamic or static, and if static, cache it and don't bother refreshing it each frame. Be sure to mention wanting ability to set "which frame to use" if static, and how often (1 for "every frame", 2 for "every other frame", etc.) to regenerate if dynamic. That'd allow smarter anim caching (in general, really). They also need to get into the habit that when adding such properties, those properties themselves all need associated keyframe-able channels -- even the "meta" anim controls like this.

I've already got an ever-growing list of bugs to file, so it's more likely to get done if you file it, but if you won't let me know and I'll try to get around to it.