PDA

View Full Version : Cloning Camera Crash

Ma3rk
09-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Hey all,

I just filed my first bug report but want to see if anyone else can replicate:

I'm having a consistent crashing of Layout. Think it's from simply cloning a camera so here's the test.

Open a simple scene with just one camera. W/O doing anything do a Save As & rename.

Clear scene & reopen. Do some minor change & do a simple Save.

OK. No problem.

Now, Clone Camera, rename & position it & do Save.

Instant crash, at least on this end.

Ma3rk
09-01-2018, 11:00 AM
If I start with comletely fresh scene, it doesn't do it.

If I do a Load from scene from a scene that I was working on, clone camera & save I get the problem. So even if all I'm doing is cloning the camera, something else with that scene is corrupting the Save somehow. Wonderful. I tap here but it pings over there. This should be fun tracking down. Just started doing some tests with objects that have UDIM's.

Markc
09-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Tried both of your methods, no crash for either.
LW 2018.0.6 on Mac.

It's not an 'Ubercam' camera your cloning is it, as they don't all work in 2018?

Ma3rk
09-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Tried both of your methods, no crash for either.
LW 2018.0.6 on Mac.

It's not an 'Ubercam' camera your cloning is it, as they don't all work in 2018?

Let me check... Nope, thought it might have been that as I did have some problems with them earlier.

I did manage to get back to a workable scene but not via Load from Scene. Still not sure what is/was causing the problem. Thought maybe it was due to the Cam being parented to a particular object, but that didn't pan out.

I still have the earlier ones as Layout was creating BAK files so if Support wishes to pick them apart but this seems pretty isolated now even though I was getting it 100%. I might pick at it some more but for now will just proceed leerily & hope it was just some sort of fluke scene corruption that gets propagated via Load from Scene.

I did come across another issue in that an item, camera in my case, when set to use Local Co-ord system, isn't getting that respected when using the position sliders. The Widget shows correctly though but if you look though that cam & use the sliders, it skews World system instead. Very annoying if all you want to do is dolly in a bit on lens.

Thanks for testing though.