PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cmivfx

Farhad_azer
08-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Hi everybody,

Does anyone here use cmivfx.com? it is about one week that their sites does not show thumbnail of videos and after clicking the title it gives alert.

Is it down or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I actually asked them by mail and have not recieved any answer yet.

jwiede
09-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Hmm, I can confirm that I'm also getting an alert when I try to access any of my purchased tutorials there. I'd be interested in hearing any fix they might have. I'm a bit surprised they still even exist, as I believe their main owner/organizer passed away rather suddenly a while back, and it wasn't at all clear they'd continue on from there (though I see evidence they have).

Hopefully they're still up and running, was never a fan of their "must view using our player streaming off our site" approach, but they had some really good content for C4D not available elsewhere so I'd definitely hate to lose access to those tutorials.

50one
09-01-2018, 04:49 PM
As avove. Yeah, never fan of their f'ed up UI.
Chris passing away was sad but his brother toook over.

One of the reason I hate 'online access' stuff, one day is here, the next day...

jwiede
09-01-2018, 08:47 PM
As avove. Yeah, never fan of their f'ed up UI.
Chris passing away was sad but his brother toook over.

One of the reason I hate 'online access' stuff, one day is here, the next day...

Agree 100%. They have/had some excellent tutorial content for C4D and Houdini though, made the risk worthwhile (at least IMO). I'm just glad that someone took over after Chris' passing.

Farhad_azer
09-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the answers.

I am still waiting to get any answer from them.

Have i lost all of the tutorials that i purchased? If yes then it is a disaster and some kind of stealing. I paid for them.

How do you think i should investigate the issue?

bbuxton
09-04-2018, 01:35 AM
+1 hoping that purchased content is not lost. I bought a lot of their tutorials.

TheLexx
09-04-2018, 11:53 AM
I previously saw their site, but never bought anything. Can anyone describe a "must-have" title or at least one they found well made and interesting. I'm sorry to hear site went down, hope it comes good. :)

jwiede
09-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Their tutorials on C4D's Thinking Particles system are first-rate.

TheLexx
09-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Their tutorials on C4D's Thinking Particles system are first-rate.

Thanks jwiede. Btw, I don't want to raise hopes, but the site might be back up, because some of the site images which "went down" viewed on my PC appear to have come back again.

EDIT - And now they've gone again. Bizarre, but maybe there is a pair of hands working on it behind the scenes. :)

bbuxton
09-05-2018, 09:40 PM
"I previously saw their site, but never bought anything. Can anyone describe a "must-have" title or at least one they found well made and interesting. I'm sorry to hear site went down, hope it comes good."

Some good tutorials for Clarisse iFX, a nice rendering tutorial by RebelHill, some ok Modo tutorials lots of Houdini and BM Fusion tutorials.
oh and an excellent tutorial for Headus UV Layout. There is a lot!

50one
09-06-2018, 12:02 AM
Their Fusion stuff is quite good too.

TheLexx
09-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Cmivfx is back and the courses are viewable again (but not sure for how long !).
I bought the UV Layout course after this thread started and have now managed to download for the first time. :)

https://cmivfx.com/

Reco
09-28-2018, 03:12 AM
Thank you.
I'm downloading all of my tutorials now. Just in case.

Reco