PDA

View Full Version : Options for cleaning mocap data?

stevecullum
08-28-2018, 06:06 AM
I'm working on a personal project that requires a bit of mocap data and for the most part, all the motions I need are available from the CMU mocap database. However, the quality is pretty bad in most cases, jittering, foot sliding, inverted bone rotations ect...

So I'm looking at what options there are for resolving these issues. Motion Builder isn't really an option for me as its way too expensive for the small amount of work I need it for. Ikinema web animate could be an option, but they have told me that the software will be replaced with another product that's in development, but no ETA on that. So no too sure about spending anything there.

Anybody have some other suggestions?

Thanks

Kryslin
08-28-2018, 07:31 AM
I believe Rebel Hill's animation toolbox has some tools for cleaning up motion curves. I don know if it's available stand alone - I got mine via RHiggit 2.

stevecullum
08-28-2018, 11:38 AM
I believe Rebel Hill's animation toolbox has some tools for cleaning up motion curves. I don know if it's available stand alone - I got mine via RHiggit 2.

I had forgotten about that toolbox - I do have the plugin, just not used it much yet. Iíll take a look.

You would have thought that with so many things using mocap these days, there would be an abundance of cleaning tools around. I guess whatís being released by professional facilities is already clean and error free.