PDA

View Full Version : deselecting items from multiple pick in scene editor not working?

3dworks
08-25-2018, 03:21 AM
do you experience the same issue? layout 2018.0.6 here, and single item deselection with click + cmd in scene editor is not possible anymore.

3dworks
08-25-2018, 02:17 PM
i've reported the issue to techsupport, but they cannot find anything wrong. i've tried everything to fix it here (fresh configs, different mouse, etc) but i cannot get it solved. in order to find out if it is just my local issue i would like to ask you if you can help to check this out for me.

it it likely to be only an issue for mac users, so here are the instructions:

in layout you should have the option 'cmd mimics cotrol modifyer' in the 'special' menu enabled. i guess this is by default anyway.
please download attached simple test file.

open the file in layout 2018.0.5 or 2018.0.6.
open the scene/dope editor.
select all items in the scene.
now try to deselect any single child item under the 'NULL' object by using mouse click + cmd.
my problem is that i cannot deselect any of the items this way. this was perfecltly possible in LW2015 and before.

please tell me if you can reproduce this, this would be extremely helpful!

thank you very much

markus

3dworks
08-25-2018, 03:24 PM
actually i found out now that this only happens when you click onto the item name text. it works correctly when you click on the empty area right of the name.

jwiede
09-03-2018, 01:51 PM
actually i found out now that this only happens when you click onto the item name text. it works correctly when you click on the empty area right of the name.

So are they accepting that as a reproducible bug, then? It certainly isn't "desirable behavior", as most will click the text itself.

3dworks
09-03-2018, 03:00 PM
So are they accepting that as a reproducible bug, then? It certainly isn't "desirable behavior", as most will click the text itself.

yes it is reported and accepted as bug. LWB-4305.