PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Newsletter - August 2018

Marander
08-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Hi

I was very surprised to see a LightWave newsletter today in my Spam folder. When opening I get a fat security warning that it seems to be a dangerous message (see attachment).

I noted that the message was sent via another mail address. When I look at the mail header, there is really some weird stuff there:

[email protected]0.mktoma il.com
Return-Path: <[email protected] il.com>
Received: from absmtp.mktomail.com (absmtp.mktomail.com. [199.15.213.61])

Can somebody please clarify? Does NewTek not use / have their own SMTP server?

Thanks and cheers, Marander

Ma3rk
08-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Ya, I got it a bit ago & it was legit. Nothing particularly new but no security trip here either.

Chuck
08-22-2018, 11:07 AM
NewTek uses Marketo as our marketing automation system and our marketing communications go through the Marketo servers.

By the way, we are working on an issue with the published version of the newsletter. All links worked fine in our test emails, but in the published version sent out there is apparently a difference in the token appended to the links and they generate a "414" error, URL is too long; some report this with all links, some report it only affects the links to the blog stories. We believe we can make an adjustment to our server settings to correct that, so that for the published newsletter all links work. If that turns out not to be the case we will send a revised newsletter.

Update: the issue is fixed! All links should work fine now.

and...

LightWave 3D August 2018 Newsletter on the Web (https://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/article/august-2018-lightwave-newsletter/)

CaptainMarlowe
08-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Anyway, very happy that a newsletter has been made.

dlvphoto
08-22-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm still waiting to get mine. Not in spam catcher, not in main box. Nothing blocking it at my mail-host side either. Apparently I stopped getting anything from Newtek after April 29. The last e-mail I got was the update notice for 2018.0.3 patch. Nothing since.

Chuck, what's the best avenue to reach out to the right person to get this looked at and fixed?

Scott

Nicolas Jordan
08-22-2018, 11:50 AM
I just looked and it was in my spam folder too.

Marander
08-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys and Chuck for the clarification!

Chuck
08-22-2018, 01:33 PM
The problem is fixed on our server, and in our tests all links are now working in the newsletter. Please let us know if you are still experiencing a problem.

To sign up for the newsletter:

NewTek Communication Center (https://www.newtek.com/subscribe/)

Greenlaw
08-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Hi Chuck,

I went to the page and filled out the form in case I was missing out on something. After submitting the form, I got a response email that showed what I subscribed to and I noticed that LightWave not marked 'Yes'. So I filled out the form again and re-submitted. Same result: I got a response with LightWave not included in my subscriptions.

This is how I filled out out:

To be clear, everything I checked was marked 'Yes' in the response EXCEPT for LightWave, which was left blank. (The one item I am most interested in, naturally.) :)

BTW, I had been getting the LightWave newsletter. Now I'm wondering if I just unsubscribed myself.

hrgiger
08-23-2018, 03:06 AM
Pretty sure the realistic apartment entry was by Linos wife Johanna, not Matt so a correction may be in order.

lardbros
08-23-2018, 06:02 AM
Pretty sure the realistic apartment entry was by Linos wife Johanna, not Matt so a correction may be in order.

Lucky we have people like you pointing things like this out! Not sure what Newtek would do without you

50one
08-23-2018, 06:26 AM
Any chance to see the newsletter? Never got it. Got all the previous ones tho...

Ztreem
08-23-2018, 06:50 AM
Why isn't lightwave3d.com updated with the newest newsletter? The newest newsletter on the site right now is dated June 2017...???

ianr
08-23-2018, 07:22 AM
Why isn't lightwave3d.com updated with the newest newsletter? The newest newsletter on the site right now is dated June 2017...???

With all this Chuck does this mean there is a NEW newsletter?

hrgiger
08-23-2018, 07:31 AM
Lucky we have people like you pointing things like this out! Not sure what Newtek would do without you

Someone should credit the people that contributed.

aperezg
08-23-2018, 07:58 AM
"Tutorial: Photorealistic apartment in VR
By Matt Gorner

Salif Eric N'Diaye has been working hard these last 10 months to present his first personal VR project. Relying on LightWave 3D and Unreal Engine, he recreated a photorealistic apartment you can visit.[/U]"

It will be a good Idea, to have a tutorial, The correct way to send objects from Modeler to Unreal Engine...

Chuck
08-23-2018, 09:17 AM

The web crew is working on that, we should have it up shortly and will be doing social media posts when it is ready.

Ztreem
08-23-2018, 09:22 AM
The web crew is working on that, we should have it up shortly and will be doing social media posts when it is ready.

:thumbsup:

Chuck
08-23-2018, 09:41 AM
Hi Chuck,

I went to the page and filled out the form in case I was missing out on something. After submitting the form, I got a response email that showed what I subscribed to and I noticed that LightWave not marked 'Yes'. So I filled out the form again and re-submitted. Same result: I got a response with LightWave not included in my subscriptions.

This is how I filled out out:

To be clear, everything I checked was marked 'Yes' in the response EXCEPT for LightWave, which was left blank. (The one item I am most interested in, naturally.) :)

BTW, I had been getting the LightWave newsletter. Now I'm wondering if I just unsubscribed myself.

I have passed that along to the web team!

Chuck
08-23-2018, 10:13 AM

Apologies for any error I made on that; and one of the things we've noted after getting this issue out in email was that the email and site versions of the newsletter did not previously list the attributions, and we'll go back to that for future editions. That noted, a lot of types of items on the site don't include specific attributions and we'll continue conforming to that as well.

Chuck
08-23-2018, 10:15 AM
LightWave 3D August 2018 Newsletter on the Web (https://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/article/august-2018-lightwave-newsletter/)

RPSchmidt
08-23-2018, 12:30 PM
I have passed that along to the web team!

Just to echo what was already pointed out, when I went to the communications center and selected only the Lightwave Newsletter, the email I received had the complete list with nothing marked "Yes", not even the newsletter.