PDA

View Full Version : Object sequencer broken in 2015.3?



prometheus
08-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Hi folks,
and erikals if you are awake.

I was getting back to try houdini apprentice exports again, a simple liquid fluid object sequence export from houdini, I used rename master to set the object name to 001.obj-029

But it doesn´t seem to scroll through them all once loaded with object sequencer, just wondering if the sequencer had issues in 2015.3?
seem to only load 9 frames

mummyman
08-20-2018, 02:58 PM
I've had some issues with OBJ sequencer in 2015. But recently got long sequences using a different naming convention: Apop_Faster_001.obj, Apop_Faster_002.obj, etc etc. That seemed to work. Annoying. But it worked.

prometheus
08-21-2018, 03:37 AM
I've had some issues with OBJ sequencer in 2015. But recently got long sequences using a different naming convention: Apop_Faster_001.obj, Apop_Faster_002.obj, etc etc. That seemed to work. Annoying. But it worked.

Not sure it would be necessary to have any letters before the numbers, I think I tried that but it made no difference, three digits is however required I think.

I noticed that the sequence could play the other objects as it should after 10, and before 10..the missing link is 10, so something could be wrong with that object file.

mummyman
08-21-2018, 04:42 AM
I also had a big issue using network rendering. If I was on any other frame than zero/or 1 and accidently saved the scene.. then submit to render, it would get hosed on certain machines. Kinda made it hard to work. For some reason, it didn't update properly once it was saved. That drove me nuts trying to debug that. I think I wrote my steps down somewhere at the time. I was also using a frame offset to 1 cache file. That totally didn't help my case either. I hope you figure out your issue. Sorry I wasn't much help. Figured the naming would help. It's a great feature, but it needs a nice update.

Sensei
08-21-2018, 06:42 AM
I would expect to Object Replacement > Object Sequencer to work only reliably with .lwo file format, not the one which require importing..

So, batch convert .obj to .lwo first, and try again..

roboman
08-21-2018, 07:41 AM
I've had the problem where one program would name things 1.obj, 2.obj, 3.obj....10.obj, 11.obj and the other program was expecting 01.obj, 02.obj, 03.obj....10.obj, 11.obj or it gets stuck at 100 when it's not 001.obj, 002.obj, 003.obj...010.obj, 011.obj... 100.obj, 101.obj. Where the numbers don't always stays two digits or always stays three digits...

mummyman
08-21-2018, 09:29 AM
I would expect to Object Replacement > Object Sequencer to work only reliably with .lwo file format, not the one which require importing..

So, batch convert .obj to .lwo first, and try again..

I didn't think of that! In my case I was exporting an obj seq from XSI (using emPolygonizer) I'll have to remember that step next time.