PDA

View Full Version : HDMI Output

jkerry211
08-18-2018, 08:08 PM
I am having a problem with our 460 AE model.

I can send a signal to our project using the video cable to the projector and it see the video. I want the main output going to the projector.

I tried today to connect an HDMI cable to the output port on the upper right under the Video Out title. But I can not get a signal to the projector. In the Output panel it has if I remember correctly Mix 4 and has both a network graphic and HDMI graphic. But no signal to the projector. So I connected my laptop to the project via the same HDMI cable and it shows up.

Can someone possible explain how to get the signal to the projector.

Tks,
Jeff

kanep
08-19-2018, 10:00 AM
MIX 4 should be the correct setting for control over this output. Can you connect the output to anther device to see if that works? What resolution are you trying to send out of this port? Can you try a new session to see if that makes any difference.

jkerry211
08-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Will give it a try on Tuesday when I am back in front of it. I did try all the settings that is listed there and none worked. Will try another device Tuesday and see it that works. As far as the resolution, not sure just using the program out settings from the system.

kanep
08-20-2018, 07:44 PM
The HDMI output (MIX4) does have the ability to cross or down convert, it will default to the same resolution as the session.

JPulera
08-21-2018, 08:04 AM
The HDMI output (MIX4) does have the ability to cross or down convert, it will default to the same resolution as the session.

Right, so some monitors won't like a 24p source for instance, if that is what the Session is. As a test of the HDMI port, try a 1080i Session, as all HDMI displays ought to accept 1080i

Thanks

Jeff

jkerry211
08-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Kane and Jeff,

Tried all setting today and still nothing from the projector. I then connected a TV and a Monitor both seen the videos. Now I would have to guess it is the projector that does not like the signal. Yet it see a laptop.

Jeff

SBowie
08-21-2018, 01:11 PM
I have run into projectors that are supposed to support 1080i, but which only work if I send them a 720p signal instead ... just a thought.

JPulera
08-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Maybe an older unit that doesn't handle full 1080 video? What's the model, we could look up specs online

Thanks

Jeff

jkerry211
08-25-2018, 07:13 PM
Gentlemen:

Checked the projector today and sill not accept and of the selections on the 460. I best guess is that the projector is too old to accept anything from TC. So I am pushing for an updated projector.

Jeff