PDA

View Full Version : Papagayo import

ianay
08-16-2018, 02:13 PM
Hi
I just downloaded Papagayo and had a mess around with it, got a chunk of Dialogue lip-synched..
Tried to import the DAT file (using plug-in) into lightwave but getting error message, how do i convert my existing morphs into the papagayo morphs?

ernesttx
08-16-2018, 08:18 PM
If you are using Mike Green's plugin, you have to change the names of your mouth morphs. For example, if you have a morph for mouth for the "A" sound, then your morph should be named pap.AI (each morph should match the phonemes from Papagayo, ie, pap.E, pap.MBP, or pap.U) I think there are 10 papagayo morphs, including pap.etc and pap.rest. I use Mike Green's plug-in in 2018 and works really well.

ianay
08-16-2018, 11:13 PM
Ive done that (renamed the morphs in modeler) then I get to Layout and Try to import the DAT file and i get message 'Phoneme Morph Group MorphGroup Not Found'
As far as Im aware i have all the morphs with Papagayo, is there perhaps a list somewhere to make sure?

Thanks for all help

vncnt
08-17-2018, 12:42 AM
2018 or < 2015?
Can you open the DAT file in some text editor like notepad?
In that case you might be able to identify (+ edit) the exported morph groups.

rdolishny
08-17-2018, 07:27 AM
Haven't seen Papagayo mentioned in a while. I created 10 one minute animations fully lipsynced it worked great then. LW2015.

I'll try to find the old Papagayo files and load the LW projects into LW2018.

ianay
08-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Got it working in LW 2018 (I prefer LW11 which I ws using previously and kept getting that error) I got same error in LW2015
Speech and motion was moving insanely slow though at 25 fps so I had to change the frame rate to 10 fps, even though frame rate was set at 25 fps from the begining.
Be nice to see it at the intended 25 fps though.
Im only 1 day into messing around with it though and from what Ive seen of papagayo...?
It looks pretty like a good deal for the huge price of absolutely nothing!

ianay
08-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Update on this...
Have done nothing to the model but...
Im now getting that same error in Layout no matter what version (11.6, 2015 or 2018)

'Phoneme Morph Group MorphGroup Not Found'

Ive even tried a new model, still getting that error..

Why would it work once , I change nothing, then all of a sudden its dead again!!??

ianay
08-17-2018, 12:06 PM
Finally...
Got it going
I was prefixing each of the morphs with 'pap.'
No need, just change the morphs to Papagayos version of same mouth movement

Thank you!

ernesttx
08-17-2018, 01:29 PM
That's good. Are you saying that your mouth morphs are just named "AI", "MBP", instead of "pap.AI", "pap.MBP" ? Mine are name pap.AI, etc. and I've never had an issue. I thought that's what Mike's plugin required.

MonroePoteet
08-17-2018, 02:51 PM
From my testing in LW2015, the "pap." prefix works fine but has to be entered into the Phoneme Morph Map Prefix field correctly and without the trailing period. From looking at the error output above and examining the LScript, it looks like "MorphGroup" was mistakenly entered into the Prefix box above rather than "pap". If you leave the Prefix box blank, it uses the top-level (unprefixed) named morphs (e.g. AI, L, FV, etc.).

mTp