PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster 460SE with Propresenter using NDI ??

ndjaf
08-08-2018, 09:31 AM
I'm new to Tricaster & to the video side for our church. I'm the sound guy so this maybe a simple question but here goes. :) We currently have Propresenter v6 & our Tricaster 460SE v2-6 connected via NDI using RV's SDI/NDI module. The feed is coming in on Net2. It's working fine for showing our Propresenter output to FOH onto our video feed. The Propresenter feed has a variety of backgrounds, some video's & some images. My question is what do I need in order to use the Propresenter feed as a lower third overlay? Do I need the Alpha-Key Module from RV or can my Tricaster peel off the backgrounds and just send the text to the lower third? It seems from reading through other posts on similar topics that my 460 can do some, if not all, of the work needed for this. I really appreciate your help on this.

thanks,

Tony

kanep
08-08-2018, 09:44 AM
If the background is a single color that isn't being used in the graphics you want to see you can use the TriCaster chroma keyer to remove that color then key it on top. Otherwise, the alpha module would be the best option, allowing you to use any colors and it would automatically be keyable.

https://renewedvision.com/propresenter/modules/#1474322947866-42ac8b10-27f9

ndjaf
08-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the quick response, Kane. I assumed it was something like that.

JPulera
08-08-2018, 08:28 PM
With NET2 as source for a DSK, you can use edge cropping in the DSK settings if you need to show just part of the source as an overlay and can get away with a rectangular box for your purposes. I do this with NDI feed of Webcaptioner.com output (via NDI Scan Converter).

Thanks

ndjaf
08-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Thanks, Jeff. I'll play around with that & see if it will work for us. I hate to spend the $1k for the RV module if I don't have to.

BTW, how do you like the Newtek PTZ camera? We're looking at getting some new cameras and I've been looking at those.