PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate tricaster workflow for three concurrent twitch streams?

aboniks
08-07-2018, 06:22 PM
I'm getting a parts list together for a twitch broadcasting setup. The goal is to to be able to send three concurrent streams to three individual twitch channels. The content will be one individual stream for each of two cast members, and then a third stream that consolidates the first two streams into a single program with both cast members and their generated content sharing screen real estate. Looking at what Tricaster can do, it seems like the production and compositing can all be handled by a single Tricaster, but I'm not sure about the streaming end.

Will we need to slave additional Tricasters into the workflow to send all three streams simultaneously, or can a single unit do what we need?

Thanks in advance for your time, and your replies.

kanep
08-07-2018, 07:15 PM
You don't mention which TriCaster model you are looking at. The TC1 platform can stream two channels from the system, each can different bit rates, frame size, frame rate and video or audio content.

If you need to stream more than two channels, there are a few options. You could use multiple TriCaster system if that is required for your workflow. Otherwise, if all you need it streaming, NewTek's MediaDS product can stream up to four channels. Another option is to use OBS Studio with the free NDI plug-in running on another computer. Each OBS can stream out one additional channel.

aboniks
08-07-2018, 07:58 PM
You don't mention which TriCaster model you are looking at. The TC1 platform can stream two channels from the system, each can different bit rates, frame size, frame rate and video or audio content.

If you need to stream more than two channels, there are a few options. You could use multiple TriCaster system if that is required for your workflow. Otherwise, if all you need it streaming, NewTek's MediaDS product can stream up to four channels. Another option is to use OBS Studio with the free NDI plug-in running on another computer. Each OBS can stream out one additional channel.

Thanks for the quick response.

I suspect more than one Tricaster would be overkill for this project, but I'm still waiting to hear back from your sales team so we can have a conversation about what we're trying to do and how NewTek can help us accomplish our goals. Until that happens I'm not sure which Tricaster model and which ancillary systems we'll end up with. I'll download the MediaDS manual and look it over. I do hear nice things about OBS, and free is a good price, but if we're going to be using NewTek products for core production then I'd rather keep as much of the workflow as possible in the family to streamline training, support, and troubleshooting.