PDA

View Full Version : first real stab at fabric

Commander_Chaos
08-07-2018, 03:14 PM
I need to model fabric over a wire armature, similar to the bed spring coils in the attached photo.142466

The fabric needs to touch the outermost points of the wire and drape over the rest. the fabric will cling tightly enough so that gravity won't be a factor and I won't need to animate this. It's just for still images.

I'm hoping for a tutorial of maybe a shirt sleeve or shrink wrap or something. Anyone have a link?

Commander_Chaos
08-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Okay, forget the last post, what I need is a good tutorial on heat shrink

Kryslin
08-08-2018, 09:39 AM
3rdPowers Heatshrink plus could do this, easily, with one of the alternate modes.

With native heat shrink, make sure the object you are shrinking to is higher resolution than the object you're shrinking around it. That object should be slightly larger, too. If native heat shrink doesn't find a collision between the two objects, it won't move that point, so if you want a wrap type effect, you'll need to make sure that you fill in the gaps.

Hope this helps...

Commander_Chaos
08-09-2018, 06:26 AM
3rdPowers Heatshrink plus could do this, easily, with one of the alternate modes.

With native heat shrink, make sure the object you are shrinking to is higher resolution than the object you're shrinking around it. That object should be slightly larger, too. If native heat shrink doesn't find a collision between the two objects, it won't move that point, so if you want a wrap type effect, you'll need to make sure that you fill in the gaps.

Hope this helps...

Downloading it now. Thanks!