PDA

View Full Version : Problem of Loading Lightwave 10.1 on 2018 MacBook Pro

Rizwan
08-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Hi,

My old MacBook Pro died last month; I got a new MacBook Pro (2018) which has Mac OS High Sierra on it, I tried to installed Lightwave 10.1 on it. I used my original Program DVD /discs and now I am getting a Message "Your license key file was not found. Contact New Tek to get a permanent key. Product Lock ----" I have the Original discs, original dongle, and I do not know why the installation seems to 'think' as if I have a 'Temporary version of the Lightwave'!!!
If anyone can help me with this issue I will appreciate that very much.
Thank you.

lardbros
08-03-2018, 05:27 AM
You need to copy your license key into your user preferences folder. Even with a dongle, you need to place the license key into your preferences folder.
This will be written in the help, where it is on a Mac.

Best way is to login to your Newtek account https://www.lightwave3d.com/ here!
It'll have your dongle lock file in your account!

Rizwan
08-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Hi

I installed LightWave 10.1 on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. I got Lightwave out of Discovery mode. Now I can build my objects in LightWave Modeler but when I try to use LightWave Layout crashes. Can someone tell me why and what I should do fix this problem?

Markc
08-04-2018, 11:09 AM
I don't mean to be rude, but if you have bought a new 2018 MacBook Pro (not cheap) is there a reason you haven't upgraded LW (which is very reasonable).......:D..?

There is always a chance with such an old version of LW having trouble on the latest OS/HW.