PDA

View Full Version : Standard to AE

jeremybrandt
08-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Iím about to finally upgrade my TriCaster Mini to AE. I have no current sessions that I need to keep at this point. Are there any suggestions/tips I need to consider before making the upgrade? Thanks!

SBowie
08-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Iím about to finally upgrade my TriCaster Mini to AE. I have no current sessions that I need to keep at this point. Are there any suggestions/tips I need to consider before making the upgrade? Thanks!There's a thread on this that might help (probably a bit out of date, mind you): https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?150145-AE-2-(4-0)-Things-you-need-to-know

jeremybrandt
08-03-2018, 05:10 AM
Thanks, Steve!

JPulera
08-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Hi Jeremy,

Here's how I would handle the upgrade:

1) Download the AE software, either to TriCaster or another PC, using the DOWNLOAD ONLY option. If done on TriCaster, move resulting folder from C: to D: drive
2) Back up anything you might need from C: drive, like Custom Sets, Macros, Custom Transitions that you may have made
3) Do a RESTORE on TriCaster, that way you have a clean slate, no built-up Windows errors or other junk to deal with
4) Install the AE software
5) You will have to re-register as if a NEW machine again, using the NEW serial for AE provided to you by Newtek
6) You may need to manually update the graphics driver for the video card. I forget off the top of my head which card is in there, but you can figure that out in Windows and get driver from nvidia.com for Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks

Jeff

That's about it. Assuming AE was already downloaded, this whole process should take 20-30 minute maybe.

jeremybrandt
08-04-2018, 05:01 AM
Thanks, Jeff!