PDA

View Full Version : NEW Lightwave Interface like ChronoSculpt

3dhotshot
07-26-2018, 02:46 AM
Lightwave is stll a cool 3d app but we need to make it look and feel awesome again.

What are the possibilities ? I quiet like look of ChronoSculpt Interface maybe just do that ?
and allow for color changing options of the UI -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voO-bYGpVBg

Is this possible and how long with this take to implement ? What could be the costs ?

Phase 1 could be just update the buttons and all the menus exactly as they are but just look the way Chronos menu and buttons are.

We would have the coolest looking 3D package compared to everything else ??

djlithium
07-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Lightwave is stll a cool 3d app but we need to make it look and feel awesome again.

What are the possibilities ? I quiet like look of ChronoSculpt Interface maybe just do that ?
and allow for color changing options of the UI -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voO-bYGpVBg

Is this possible and how long with this take to implement ? What could be the costs ?

Phase 1 could be just update the buttons and all the menus exactly as they are but just look the way Chronos menu and buttons are.

We would have the coolest looking 3D package compared to everything else ??

The reason I use LW to this day is because of the consistency of the interface. Don't break what isn't broken.

3dhotshot
07-28-2018, 02:10 AM
We are not changing anything read my post again its a reskin off the button look and feel in the style effect of chrono which is very sleek and futuristic minimal in line with Lightwave ?? interface remains the same as is ............ I think you misunderstood ....

djlithium
07-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Again, time and resources put this on a priority level as about as far as unification will go. What purpose would it serve? No really.. what purpose at all?

- - - Updated - - -

PLease also understand the UI for Chronosculpt is based on a completely different technology entirely and to make Layout and Modeler look like that is a bit more involved than a "skinnning".

Chris S. (Fez)
07-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Hi-DPI monitor support should be top priority IMO. Nodal networks in particular are too small to view and edit comfortably. Other than that, I like the Lightwave interface.

Kryslin
07-28-2018, 07:35 PM
I agree; even on a 1920 x 1200 monitor, things get a little hard to see, especially out at the edges...

Nadir Mengal
08-01-2018, 02:19 AM
High DPI support +++