PDA

View Full Version : Telling LW Layout 2018.0.5 to re-open panels at startup ?

madno
07-22-2018, 01:05 AM
Hi,

is there a way to tell LW Layout 2018 on Win 10 to re-open the panels at startup?
It stores the last used position already, but not which panels had been open during the last session.
Whenever I relaunch LW I have to open the panels again.

raw-m
07-22-2018, 01:31 AM
Mac too, esp annoying with the Scene Editor. It’s been a pet hate for years - interested if there’s a solution but have a feeling it’s because of old coding/architecture.

madno
07-22-2018, 02:05 AM
So, time for another "feature request" - for what it's worth.

madno
07-22-2018, 02:37 AM
Feature request sent.

Marander
07-22-2018, 05:10 AM
Hi,

is there a way to tell LW Layout 2018 on Win 10 to re-open the panels at startup?
It stores the last used position already, but not which panels had been open during the last session.
Whenever I relaunch LW I have to open the panels again.

Seems like another UI flaw, there should be an option to automatically restore Scene Editor, Graph Editor etc. in my opinion.
If I remember correctly, the Scene Editor used to be stored as Master Plugin.

I'm using OD_Workspaces (available only for Windows). Works perfect and allows to store several Workspace configurations with size and location of ALL the panels (works on multiple screens too). It even has a singular Properties panel (only one panel for switching from Objects / Bones / Lights / Cameras).

madno
07-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Yes, some really interesting third party solutions available. But I am not investing into LW at the moment because of its missing roadmap. But I am just a hobby user. I understand that for Pros. the third party tools' investment is probably a no brainer.

jwiede
07-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Seems like another UI flaw, there should be an option to automatically restore Scene Editor, Graph Editor etc. in my opinion.
If I remember correctly, the Scene Editor used to be stored as Master Plugin.

Having ability to choose whether certain editors come up as "tabbed panels" versus independent windows, along with HOW they're grouped, would be greatly appreciate.

I actually have a small monitor off to the side of my main monitor, explicitly as a home for secondary editors/panels. I actually would almost prefer LW _not_ aggregate panels into tabbed sets at ALL, because its doing so messes up my layout when it moves/resizes the shared window to accommodate a newly-opened editor that happens to be tabbed together with another panel already open (and placed).

That tabbed panel sharing windows bit has become a major sore spot for me. It was a little bothersome when first introduced, but seems to have become much more intrusive and annoying in LW2018 -- now I feel like I'm constantly having to close and reopen windows because the addition of some tabbed panel messed them up. It feels like another "LW2018 UI/UX step backwards", IMO, and I think it's because LW2018 seems more aggressive about aggregation.