PDA

View Full Version : Ratina Support

MarkH
07-10-2018, 07:44 PM
I installed a trial version of LightWave 2018.0.5 on my MacBook Pro and I was very disappointed by the lack of support for Retina displays. Chronosculpt looks great on Retina Macs with fonts that are nice and smooth. LightWave fonts look fuzzy. I've been told by support they are working on high dpi support for LightWave. What disturbs me is high dpi Retina has been around for several years and if Newtek have not supported it by now, will they ever? In the mean time I found the Futura font to be the best option. It's far from perfect but better than the default.

do shell script "/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D_2018.0.5/Modeler.app/Contents/MacOS/Modeler --dpiaware [email protected]"

do shell script "/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D_2018.0.5/Layout.app/Contents/MacOS/Layout --dpiaware [email protected]"

dsol
07-16-2018, 05:58 AM
The problem lies with the LW panels UI - the code for it is really ancient. In LW2018, they've started the process of moving to QT for the UI (which supports retina displays), but that's only for a few windows so far. Chronosculpt, being a relatively new app created from scratch, doesn't have the same problems.

ianr
07-16-2018, 09:23 AM
RATINA Support, I'd get a Jack Russell plug-in for that!:beerchug:

MarkH
07-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Major typo on my part. Lol