PDA

View Full Version : New rig balancing rendering & gaming + gpu question + tax question?

hgins
07-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Hi all :) I'm looking to buy a new PC to replace the one I currently use (4th gen i5, gtx 780). I was wondering what I should watch out for to have the best balance between budget and performance in both gaming and rendering? I think I have a fairly sweet spot budget of about 800 and don't need to buy storage as I will be carrying it over from my last PC after its last reset (500gb SSD + 4TB HDD).

Also, should I keep my current 780 and use it as an extra card for rendering/physx in games or not bother? Not sure about the pros/cons of doing this.

I'm also looking at buying a 1TB HDD to put back in my first system and sell it to someone I know who will take it for a low price but no need for delivery costs/waiting around for someone to buy it. I was also wondering if I will pay income tax on the sale? I've had a look through this income tax calculator (https://www.income-tax.co.uk/) and I'd start paying tax on the money I make after selling it (only work part time). Should I care?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions lol. Thanks in advance :)

Markc
07-06-2018, 10:56 AM
You do not need to pay tax when you sell your computer.........:stop:
It's just a private sale, like anything you would buy/sell on eBay.....:)