PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Test

leandropedrouzo
07-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Testing LW 2018 with an anim I made from scratch copying the test Sony made to show they could do HyperRealistic 3D for Spiderman Homecoming. Zbrush for the model, then all LW. Roto for the anim. Modifier stack is great!

https://www.facebook.com/leandro.pedrouzo/videos/10157611178134447/

Here is a link to Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/278596448

No Motion Blur and Render could be better, but I chose speed! Post in AE.
My only reference was the original video from Sony. I Know it is not identical, but the idea was to try to get the same "real" feeling.
Hope you like it!

pixym
07-05-2018, 09:11 PM
I love your test !

leandropedrouzo
07-05-2018, 10:26 PM
I love your test !

Thank you!

djwaterman
07-06-2018, 05:04 AM
You got close enough, given that you had less to work with than they would've had.

leandropedrouzo
07-06-2018, 08:51 AM
You got close enough, given that you had less to work with than they would've had.

yes, they had Tom Holland Mocap (I dont really know if they used it here), footage reference and probably...a team.

Ma3rk
07-06-2018, 11:32 AM
No Motion Blur and Render could be better, but I chose speed! Post in AE.
My only reference was the original video from Sony. I Know it is not identical, but the idea was to try to get the same "real" feeling.
Hope you like it!

You kidding? Tha'ts very impressive.

Ironically in a way, there's another thread started a few days back about Disney developing really high tech robotic stuntmen. I'm not really sure what they feel the advantage is. Yes, you've real world physics going on but your photographing it & I can't imagine not being able to do all that equally as convincing these days digitally.

leandropedrouzo
07-06-2018, 02:53 PM
You kidding? Tha'ts very impressive.

Ironically in a way, there's another thread started a few days back about Disney developing really high tech robotic stuntmen. I'm not really sure what they feel the advantage is. Yes, you've real world physics going on but your photographing it & I can't imagine not being able to do all that equally as convincing these days digitally.

Thank you! When I saw the original video there was a little detail that convinced me to try to replicate it: I believed they used bone rotations to drive displacements to simulate dynamic wrinkles. That is a trick I used a few times in the past, When I saw they did it so cleverly It gave me a boost.
Mi main concern was the look. I have to say that my render was halfway, and the rest was done in comp.
Originally I was going to make a different animation. When I was setting my camera to shoot for reference/rotoscoping I thought "what if I used the original animation as a reference? could I get the same feeling with handkeying? "

erikals
07-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Awesome!   :king:

leandropedrouzo
07-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Awesome!   :king:

Thanks erikals!