PDA

View Full Version : Render Q seems hosed in 2018.04 and .05

Tim Parsons
07-04-2018, 05:19 PM
For some reason when loading multiple scenes in the Render Q the first 6 scenes are invisible as line items in the queue. They render fine. Other times when loading just one scene and hitting render the render just starts spitting out blank images -images with a sky gradient just as if you cleared as scene and pressed F9. Something is not right with the Render Q.

BeeVee
07-05-2018, 03:01 AM
Hi Tim,
Have you reported it using the Feedback tool? I wonder if this link will work. You have to be on a machine with LightWave installed, but copy this link into your browser's address bar (clicking it did nothing for me): lwfb://mode=bug

If it works, can you let me know? (as well as actually reporting the bug of course :))

B

Tim Parsons
07-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Here is a video showing what I'm dealing with. I guess I will load one scene in the queue at a time and hope for the best. :)

https://youtu.be/5WmwVwnHQb4

Tim Parsons
07-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Hi Tim,
Have you reported it using the Feedback tool? I wonder if this link will work. You have to be on a machine with LightWave installed, but copy this link into your browser's address bar (clicking it did nothing for me): lwfb://mode=bug

If it works, can you let me know? (as well as actually reporting the bug of course :))

B

Yes it does work and I reported the issue. Thanks

Tim Parsons
07-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Thanks to the good folks at NT support this issue has been resolved. Turns out it's very fussy about scene naming and it doesn't like parentheses or -- in the file name, which is somewhat weird as I had those in many other scenes and it worked just fine. Actually it's working just fine now without any scenes displayed in the Q. :)

jwiede
07-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Yeah, dealing with "special" characters (or international character, or...) in filenames has... never been a strong suit of Lightwave, to put it politely.

Best practice is to stick to alphanumeric and "_", apparently even "-" (or at least "--") might present an issue there. Limiting, alas.

jeric_synergy
07-06-2018, 05:17 PM
I remember an early bug that choked on NUMBERS proceeding the name..... smh..... fgs....

Tim Parsons
07-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Yeah, dealing with "special" characters (or international character, or...) in filenames has... never been a strong suit of Lightwave, to put it politely.

Best practice is to stick to alphanumeric and "_", apparently even "-" (or at least "--") might present an issue there. Limiting, alas.

Yeah, I have had issues with Morph Mixer not working because of ( in the file name. So I should have known better. :) But I have never had an issue with a scene file name and Render Q.