PDA

View Full Version : Really confused by lag when taking to a M/E after installing AE2 on our 460...

Will_J
07-03-2018, 01:41 PM
I recently upgraded our 460 system to Advanced Edition 2 (the company bought a bundle over a year ago which included the free upgrade and never actually installed it/gave downtime to upgrade the system) and am having a bit of an issue which I can't figure out.

I have set up our presets (or "comps" now) on the M/Es (faux robo cam zoom stuff with a 3 layer M/E, very basic "zoom in" or pan type stuff). I am running into the following issue:

I select the M/E on the program row and hit take. There is a 2-ish second delay before it takes to the M/E.

On the reverse, going from an M/E to a straight source takes as soon as I push the button.

The above also holds true for the auto button and for manual fader dissolves.

Before the AE2 upgrade (using the standard software) the takes/dissolves were instant/responsive. Since upgrading to AE2 today the delay in the M/E hitting program is just bonkers.

Is there some setting someplace or do I have something configured incorrectly? If this is just a thing the 460 does then I'm going to need to downgrade because a 2 second delay on take is just way too long.

SBowie
07-03-2018, 03:04 PM
I select the M/E on the program row and hit take. There is a 2-ish second delay before it takes to the M/E. I'm assuming you mean you are selecting the M/E on PREVIEW, not PROGRAM, since otherwise a TAKE would make no sense.

With that out of the way, this is non-standard behavior. I can't really account for it off the top of my head, but perhaps it would be good to start by updating your nVidia drivers.

Will_J
07-03-2018, 03:45 PM
I'm assuming you mean you are selecting the M/E on PREVIEW, not PROGRAM, since otherwise a TAKE would make no sense.

With that out of the way, this is non-standard behavior. I can't really account for it off the top of my head, but perhaps it would be good to start by updating your nVidia drivers.

haha, yes, I did mean preview. I'm at a loss at this point. I'm about to revert to the non-AE version of the software and just start over completely to see if that fixes anything. It's been a rather frustrating day trying to suss this issue out. =/

Zane Condren
07-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Can you record a Macro of what you are doing and post it?

Will_J
07-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Can you record a Macro of what you are doing and post it?

Hey!
By the time I saw this I had done a system restore and a clean upgrade. It must have been just something gunked up in the windows side of things. Restoring to factory and upgrading after that fixed my issues and we are now up and running AE2 with no latency on taking to M/Es!

Thank you all for your help!

Stream
07-06-2018, 06:32 AM
Also make sure that you have the latest version of the software and I suggest always doing a system backup to an external drive before updating so you can quickly do a restore if there are any issues.