PDA

View Full Version : Mouse-based refinement?

jwiede
07-02-2018, 02:38 PM
I'm having trouble getting "mouse-based refinement" working here on LW2018.0.4 Mac.

No matter what I try (hovering/LMB/RMB/etc) I cannot get VPR to refine the region under my mouse. Instead it always just seems to follow its typical random-walk pattern starting in the upper-left corner, and no matter where I put the mouse cursor, whether I click, etc. none of it seems to have any impact on where refinement occurs. I've confirmed the feature is on by turning off and back on again, no change in outcome.

Anyone else having similar problems with mouse-based refinement on LW2018 Mac?

I'll happily file a bug on this, but first would prefer if someone else can confirm/deny they see the problem as well? That would help me winnow down whether it's an issue local to my install, or a more general occurrence.

CaptainMarlowe
07-03-2018, 01:24 AM
It works for me, when hovering, here on 2018.0.4 , not tested on 0.5 yet.

BeeVee
07-04-2018, 12:08 AM
@jwiede, did you check in the VPR options dropdown menu that it's on (this is the unnamed third dropdown menu in a viewport after the render style)? It is by default, but perhaps you turned it off?

B

jwiede
07-05-2018, 10:32 AM
@jwiede, did you check in the VPR options dropdown menu that it's on (this is the unnamed third dropdown menu in a viewport after the render style)? It is by default, but perhaps you turned it off?

As I said, I even tried turning it off, then turning it back on again (both in the menu in question), to no avail. I'll file a bug later this afternoon.

Axis3d
07-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Working for me also on a mac. Works with LW 2018.4 and 2018.5.

jwiede
07-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Working for me also on a mac. Works with LW 2018.4 and 2018.5.

Still doesn't appear to be working here, will have to do a screen capture, but always seems to follow normal walk pattern here regardless of "mouse refinement" setting.

Ugh, think I just found a potential SSS issue as well trying to create a long-resolving VPR render, will create a different thread for that.