PDA

View Full Version : Help! Windows Crashes During Renders

jimiclaybrooks
06-30-2018, 05:39 AM
I keep getting the blue screen of death during my renders. Even a simple render crashes. At first I thought it was a power issue, since my surge protector wasn't big enough. But I bought a new one yesterday, and so that can't be the issue. The error message said:
Stop Code: Page fault in non page area.
Have no clue what that means, can anyone tell me what's going on?? Thanks

jimiclaybrooks
06-30-2018, 06:07 AM
OK, I think this is a driver issue. From what I've read, I had an issue with the latest drivers for my graphics card. When I updated the other day, I got the worst performance I've ever seen in LWave. It was horrible!! So I did a roll back to the old drivers, and everything seemed to be normal. But when I did some benchmark tests, turns out the surge protector was too weak to sustain the system, so I replaced it. Now I get a page file error, and I suspect it was because of the roll back. I don't know what to do since I can't deal with the newest drivers for the GTX 1080. I don't think I have a ram issue, but then I can't be sure unless I test the dims somehow. This is frustrating!

Kryslin
06-30-2018, 07:35 AM
A little research suggests that you run a check on your ram - main ram, L2 cache, and video.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x50--page-fault-in-nonpaged-area

It is also suggested that you look for other critical errors in the system log just before the bsod happens, to give you some idea on where the error is occurring.

If you have had power issues, you may have had an event that stressed a DIMM, or your video card's ram, and caused it to fail.

jimiclaybrooks
06-30-2018, 09:05 AM
OK, thanks for the heads up. I hope to God its not a hardware issue. Couldn't happen at a worse time. But it is what it is, so we'll just have to see. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Sensei
06-30-2018, 02:42 PM
Turn off multithreading, set it to 1, and try whether it's crashing in the same moment..

Does crash happen even in empty scene?

jimiclaybrooks
06-30-2018, 07:01 PM
Sensei, did what you said and I got three simple renders done. No Crash!!So what pray tell does this mean?? Does it tell you what the issue might be?? I haven't had in crash with an empty scene. Its always while rendering, till now. But I should mention, LWave has crashed doing a VPR preview of a model.

Sensei
07-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Have empty scene. Press F9. Start adding objects from scene which is crashing one by one, and press F9 after each loaded object.
Maybe one of objects is corrupted?
Maybe one of images on disk is corrupted?

Do you have enabled multi-threaded mesh evaluation in the settings?

Just in case, remove the all DIMM rams from slots, and plug them again. Is your machine able to work with just a few of them? Plug them one by one, after each start computer and try rendering wrong scene, to see whether it crashes.