PDA

View Full Version : Centralized way of determining Weight Maps on mesh >>in Layout<<? / en masse?

jeric_synergy
06-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Is there an easy way (i.e., "no dropdowns!") in Layout to view all the Weight Maps associated with a given mesh, or preferably, multiple meshes at one time?

Kryslin
06-29-2018, 06:32 PM
To the best of my knowledge, not without doing some scripting.

jeric_synergy
07-01-2018, 01:06 AM
Is it just me, or does that seem like a bit of a weakness?

Ma3rk
07-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Is there an easy way (i.e., "no dropdowns!") in Layout to view all the Weight Maps associated with a given mesh, or preferably, multiple meshes at one time?

Something like this perhaps:

https://vimeo.com/114391194

Kryslin
07-01-2018, 09:06 AM
I think he was thinking of something that wasn't part of a larger package. The OD Tools are great stuff, but they may not be for everyone...

oliverhotz
07-01-2018, 09:54 AM
The OD Tools are great stuff, but they may not be for everyone...

they should be :).. but.. then.. i am biased.

jeric_synergy
07-01-2018, 02:10 PM
LOL, believe me, if I made any money AT ALL w/lightwave, I'd have the OD_Tools in a shot! They are a NOBLE effort, and I'm not being snarky here, at keeping LW/LWM relevant and productive. If money were coming in, some of it'd be going straight to Oliver.

It just seems to me that the ability to have a list, NOT a dropdown (because they are slow slowww sssslllloooowwww), of all the w.maps associated w/a given mesh to be a very basic function that should have been included IN THE DESIGN DOCUMENTS of Layout.

Not an after-the-fact patch up job, no matter how elegantly Oliver happened to do it. (And DAHHYAM son, that IS elegant!!! BETTER than a list.)

oliverhotz
07-01-2018, 02:59 PM
its all a matter of screen real estate... i dont think its that bad.

jeric_synergy
07-01-2018, 05:04 PM
its all a matter of screen real estate... i dont think its that bad.

It's GREAT! I'm not sure why you'd think I didn't think so, I really admire how slick it is! Well done.

Sensei
07-01-2018, 09:22 PM
believe me, if I made any money AT ALL w/lightwave,

1) make interesting to people model
2) upload to TurboSquid or similar website which allows selling 3d models...

It can happen this week.. even today...

jeric_synergy
07-01-2018, 10:22 PM
It'd be nice, but it's not necessary: I have other income streams. Well, trickles. OK, "seeps" might be more accurate.....

:D

Sensei
07-01-2018, 11:18 PM
It'd be nice, but it's not necessary

Then why do you constantly use this argument (i.e. lack of money from LW), as an excuse not to invest in LW world.. ?

It'd be nice, but it's not necessary: I have other income streams. Well, trickles. OK, "seeps" might be more accurate..... :D

Too Seattle'shish for me.. Can it be translated to English.. ? ;)