PDA

View Full Version : Vue 2016.6 released with LW2018 support!

Marander
06-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Great news from e-on for LW 2018 and Vue xStream 2016 users:

Vue xStream / Infinity 2016.6 was just released with LW 2018 support! I'm very surprised and glad this happened. A good sign for both LW and Vue.

Key New Features in VUE 2016 R6:

Vastly improved display speed and UI responsiveness

New mouse-centered and advanced target-centered scene navigation modes

Several improvements on MetaCloud technology

Up to 6x faster EcoSystem cache generation

10% faster rendering of very large EcoSystem populations

EcoSystem populations with native instances in 3dsMax, Maya and Cinema4D

VUE xStream now supports LightWave 2018

And a lot more

Release 6 (R6) is available as a free software update.

scallahan1
06-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Yeah, just saw the email. Hopefully it's usable in LW 2018 without that awful white viewport issue.

Steve

Marander
06-29-2018, 01:14 AM
Yeah, just saw the email. Hopefully it's usable in LW 2018 without that awful white viewport issue.

Steve

I'm in contact with e-on, there are a couple of minor issues but generally it works in LW2018. Make sure to enable Legacy Volumetrics in the LW Render settings for a start.

prometheus
06-29-2018, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up, where is the news page on that, or information about the new stuff added to metaclouds.
I prefered the old site, it doesnīt look good as it is not..but not sure if the page is temporary since they had some issues with it before?

prometheus
06-29-2018, 05:27 AM
After som lurking, found that news info in the blog.
I wonder, have they discarded the old forums? and introduced blog post only....Hope not.

all I could see in that blog post, was a short line description with a check mark, telling us thereīs been Several improvements on MetaCloud technology, but not actually showcasing what in any form,
Unlike how they presented it before with proper full description and images, or movies on that feature page.
Maybe it is too early and that will show up soon.

Marander
06-29-2018, 07:10 AM
There's a small link "Press Release" in the 2016.6 Blog post.

About Metaclouds:

Atmospheric effects and lighting:
- Image based lighting (IBL) importance sampling greatly improves lighting accuracy
- Set gamma corrections for environment maps
- Randomize cloud layers parameters
- Several improvements on MetaCloud technology (density production, auto scale, additional volumetric material roughness and more)

Yes, e-on Forums (and all other services) are gone, they're rebuilding the whole site from ground up (should be finished in the next couple of months).

prometheus
06-29-2018, 07:49 AM
There's a small link "Press Release" in the 2016.6 Blog post.

About Metaclouds:

Atmospheric effects and lighting:
- Image based lighting (IBL) importance sampling greatly improves lighting accuracy
- Set gamma corrections for environment maps
- Randomize cloud layers parameters
- Several improvements on MetaCloud technology (density production, auto scale, additional volumetric material roughness and more)

Yes, e-on Forums (and all other services) are gone, they're rebuilding the whole site from ground up (should be finished in the next couple of months).

Have signed up for a ple download again, but will wait till next week before installing it, so I can take it for a drive frequently before the watermark is added.

Metaclouds I didnīt like how you moved around them and getting realistic noise scale was a bit difficult as well, I would have prefered just as we do in lightwave with nulls etc and it has better noise for clouds actually, but
that may have changed now..if the new enhancements is doing anything better for that, will have a go at it.

Other than that, the other cloud noise functions needs improvment as well as cloud scattering, nothing really beats the terragen clouds and lighting and clarity of color as well as Antialiasing, other than that...I would pick
vue in a second with itīs terrain tools and ease of use, presets ..population etc, navigation.
Placing clouds, and Even rotating clouds(the new easy clouds) in Terragen is a nightmare compared to vue.

Need to compare the preview system as well, was a long time since I tried vue, and after having tested terragens rtp, I may be able to give it a comparison in speed.

ianr
06-29-2018, 08:46 AM
Well, thats Nice of Them!

scallahan1
07-15-2018, 10:50 AM
I was pretty blown away from the speed using R6 now. I was also going from testing on my old 4C/8T laptop to my new 6C/12T laptop. I had R5 on the old laptop but just installed R6 on the new one. Tested 3 scenes using just a still image.
OLD / NEW
8m33s / 2m7s
5m17s / 1m12s
3m4s / 0m47s

I am very pleased...

Steve

Marander
07-15-2018, 11:10 AM
I was pretty blown away from the speed using R6 now. I was also going from testing on my old 4C/8T laptop to my new 6C/12T laptop. I had R5 on the old laptop but just installed R6 on the new one. Tested 3 scenes using just a still image.
OLD / NEW
8m33s / 2m7s
5m17s / 1m12s
3m4s / 0m47s

I am very pleased...

Steve

Wow that sounds great! Haven't found time to use the .6 update yet except some LW2018 integration tests (I'm currently on vacation) but looking forward to using it. Thanks for your feedback!

Marander
07-15-2018, 11:24 AM
Steve, what CPU does your old and new laptop have? Is it possible that the old one didn't use AVX(2) extensions? That would make a big difference. I think AVX2 was introduced with the 4th gen Core i7 CPUs if I'm not mistaken.