PDA

View Full Version : MooTools 3DBrowser Updated

Ma3rk
06-28-2018, 10:01 AM
Thought I'd pass this info on:

The new 3DBrowser is online and can be downloaded. It supports 2018 objects.

http://www.mootools.com/plugins/download2/3DBrowser.exe

This is a new version (v 14.00) and update is ~ $58 for previous users.

Be forwarned, the install does take some time (10-15 mins.) do to one pesky redistributable so be patient. Other than that, works as expected.

raymondtrace
06-28-2018, 01:54 PM
It installed quickly for me but it crashed when exploring object folders. The crash report included some file paths that were apparently exclusive to the developer's computer so I'm hoping for success with 14.01.

Ma3rk
06-28-2018, 02:27 PM
It installed quickly for me but it crashed when exploring object folders. The crash report included some file paths that were apparently exclusive to the developer's computer so I'm hoping for success with 14.01.

Got a note from them ~ an hour ago & that should be fixed. Only happened to my after the initial install. After restarting 3DB, I havn't had any issues.

calilifestyle
06-28-2018, 02:58 PM
OT do any of you using 3d Browser randomly lose activation. It seems to happen to me once in awhile at lest after windows patch update or something like that.

Ma3rk
06-28-2018, 03:38 PM
Only did once years ago but there was something else going on update wise as I recall. So no, not routinely.

I never install the Poly Cruncher too but I find the Save As function within the Browser works quite well converting to LWO from other formats.

bbuxton
06-29-2018, 09:02 AM
OT do any of you using 3d Browser randomly lose activation. It seems to happen to me once in awhile at lest after windows patch update or something like that.

yes this happens constantly, every so often I have to email them to get my activations reset. it is due to having multiple network cards.

calilifestyle
06-29-2018, 01:15 PM
yes this happens constantly, every so often I have to email them to get my activations reset. it is due to having multiple network cards.

I only have one network card. But yeah I've had to email them few times to have it unlocked to reactivate. It's kind of frustrating , but oh well.

Ma3rk
06-29-2018, 03:58 PM

They've an update now that seems to have fixed that issue.

Snosrap
06-29-2018, 08:12 PM
Yep it is really crash prone at the moment.

raymondtrace
07-02-2018, 07:24 AM
The bug report I sent was responded to quickly and the .02 update appears to resolve the problem. I was still getting a crash on a particular folder after installing .02. The solution was to delete the previous OBV index file that 3DBrowser created within that folder.