PDA

View Full Version : System Registration

imryh
06-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Hello.

I've been having some strange issues with my TC460, so I "restored" it. Then I installed the newest Advance Edition software. When I opened the software, it asks me for my serial number. I enter it. Then, it says this: "This system has no time remaining on its subscription. Please check your account at https://store.newtek.com".

In trying to chat with CS, but they have no idea what's going on.

Any ideas?

Imry

Zane Condren
06-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Imry,

The SN you are using wasn't purchased thru our webstore so just click the offline button and use the unlock code from your register.newtek.com account.

imryh
07-04-2018, 04:22 AM
That doesn't work either. It's giving me another Serial Number error.

SBowie
07-04-2018, 06:36 AM
Then I installed the newest Advance Edition software.i'm a little suspicious about your installer. Where did you get it?

imryh
07-04-2018, 11:24 AM
All my updates have come straight from Newtek.com. The problem started a few months ago, after an update I installed then (straight from Newtek.com).
Since then, I've "restored" my system and installed the latest AE version from the website again. Same issue.

Any other ideas?

imryh
07-04-2018, 11:26 AM
I did preemptively update my NVidia and Intel display drivers (since we've had issues with them before). Could that have caused an issue?

doublexx
07-04-2018, 05:49 PM
I did preemptively update my NVidia and Intel display drivers (since we've had issues with them before). Could that have caused an issue?

I had exactly the same problem with both my Tricasters. In fact, I'm gonna have to check with tech support tomorrow because I had to restore my 460 and it wouldn't let me register again. (That makes three times in the last 40 days)

SBowie
07-04-2018, 06:47 PM
As these occurrences invoke current software, and don't seem to have any obvious basis in revised hardware, or would be good to wrote them up as Fogbugz cases to see if some cause can be found (even if the particular matter has been resolved by CS).

imryh
07-05-2018, 10:34 AM
I got CS to re-register my Product ID. So I can get into the TC fine. But every time I restart it, it still comes up with what you call a "Hardware Serial Number" screen.
Appears every time. Whatever I enter into it, I get a "The system has no remaining time on its subscription" message. Cannot press "Continue". Have to press "I'm Offline", and then confirm my Serial Number, Product ID and Reg Code. Every single time.

It also shows me, and asks me to confirm, the EULA every time I start up the software or restart the computer.

Any ideas?

SBowie
07-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Any ideas?Just the one I wrote about below.

Zane Condren
07-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Kat from support will be reaching out.

imryh
07-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Thanks! I also opened a bug case.