PDA

View Full Version : Videos Inside of Lightwave Render Engine

3dhotshot
06-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Since LightWave is linked to tri caster and I'm not sure how that works, Can you make it possible to render a video file being played onto a surface within Layout all in Vpr and render time.

eg: like if you modelled a flat screen tv in an interior scene and have a video playing on it while rendering or playing through the time line.

jwiede
06-28-2018, 07:27 PM
That should be doable today using an image sequence as texture (though previewing might not support live playback of the full video sequence).

For more control of image sequences as textures, also worth looking into DB&W's "frameD" plugin (https://www.db-w.com/products/framed).

Sensei
06-30-2018, 02:00 AM
Render time would have to be 1/50 second to have not lost frames...
Imagine you're getting photo at rate 1/50 second, but renderer is rendering them at 1 second per frame.. you would get only every 50 frame.. timelapse..

If animation/video has been recorded on file on disk,
it can be rendered on LW surface, at any frame rate you want..

ps. If you have completely empty LW scene, and press F10.. what is render time? If it's higher than 1/50s.. it cannot work with real-time video..

3dhotshot
07-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Okay you have a point yes also Im aware of image sequence i guess its the best possible solution now that i think of it - thanks