PDA

View Full Version : Nodes eveywhere!!!

OjN
06-23-2018, 08:33 AM
I believe Newtek did a nice step forward with the new render, and I hope the improve it fast, making compatible with the new pbr standards. I hope they do the same with animation. :)

Looks nodal setups are the new standard for animation. Maya, recently integrated the MASH nodal animation toolkit for mograph, c4d has xpresso, an now looks Blender is going to be a lot more nodal in the future versions of +2.8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQi2BqlQtnI).

Some people argue that nodes make you slow down your productivity but for sure increase control over the last result. In fact, I am a bit sad we lose the traditional texture input in the principled shader. I loved the shading workflow in lw9....

I would love to see old the dpont nodes functionality again in lw2018 and more stuff...

Dan Ritchie
06-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Sometimes you just got to let things go to move forward... Makes me a little sad too, but still.

hypersuperduper
06-23-2018, 09:46 AM
The native nodal animation is quite improved in 2018 vs 2015. There are still a few things that you could do with third party nodes in 2015 that no longer work in 2018, but the new native solutions are vastly more stable (at least on Mac where DPkit could be “iffy”) and the workflow improvements (item ID node, modifier management. etc...) are very useful. They could certainly do more, but they are moving in the right direction. I am all for the 100% nodal future!