PDA

View Full Version : Volumetric light display in VPR? No workee here /scene attached

jeric_synergy
06-22-2018, 12:27 PM
Following a tutorial by Antti (https://youtu.be/Cr1PC0iI3IE ) and I can't seem to get VPR to display the volumetric.

Scene attached. What am I missing? I'm sure it's something embarrassingly simple. :foreheads:foreheads:foreheads

Diepgroen
06-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Intensity fall off :) Light Properties

OjN
06-22-2018, 01:29 PM
You are missing square fallof on. I now, this is counter-intuitive...

jeric_synergy
06-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Thanks everybody: I could swore I turned that OFF at one point because I thought maybe IT was killing the volumetric.

And yeah: counter-intuitive..... ::sigh::..

now, to PLAY!!!

jwiede
06-23-2018, 03:25 PM
You are missing square fallof on. I now, this is counter-intuitive...

No, proper term is "bug", not "counter-intuitive". The two functionalities are not clearly related, no clear/obvious reason users should expect one setting to impact (inhibit) the other.

BTW, once again, WTF can't LW at least give some frigging error message in that case indicating either turn off volumetrics or turn on falloff ?!? That's just lazy development, frankly.

jeric_synergy
06-23-2018, 06:04 PM
So, with the new renderer and all, without using Legacy Volumetrics, can you pull some of the tricks, such as used in Lertola2's avatar, via the node editor and the new volumetric lights???

++++++++

No, proper term is "bug", not "counter-intuitive". The two functionalities are not clearly related, no clear/obvious reason users should expect one setting to impact (inhibit) the other.

BTW, once again, WTF can't LW at least give some frigging error message in that case indicating either turn off volumetrics or turn on falloff ?!? That's just lazy development, frankly.

+1 : a warning would have been appreciated.